does 'player of the year' always get into the national side?

I'm KR(iceland) in my third season. Last year i bought Alexander Steen from my rivals on a free transfer. He had a good year but nothing brilliant although that was due to his injuries. But now he's been voted Swedish Player of the Year. Taking into consideration that he hasnt played for the national side at any level and that he plays in iceland, does this mean that he will be called up for the national side? now i know theres no possible way for u guys to know this for sure, but has anyone else experienced this that a player of yours has been given an unexpected honour such as this?

I'm KR(iceland) in my third season. Last year i bought Alexander Steen from my rivals on a free transfer. He had a good year but nothing brilliant although that was due to his injuries. But now he's been voted Swedish Player of the Year. Taking into consideration that he hasnt played for the national side at any level and that he plays in iceland, does this mean that he will be called up for the national side? now i know theres no possible way for u guys to know this for sure, but has anyone else experienced this that a player of yours has been given an unexpected honour such as this?

he would probably already be an international irl. i used to see players with a better goalscoring ratio win the PotY award over a 45+ goal striker in older versions of this, so hopefully his award will see him picked for the national side. if the game has any sense. probly not...

Archived