I thought the penalty shootout bug was fixed?!

I would think it's a bug when players with 5, 7, 8 (quite a few of them) and 9 penalty attribute all scored, one after the other.

Surely, it's not impossible, but you could say that for a player receiving 3 yellows cards in a game :D

It's still a bug, in my eyes anyways.

It's as possible for a player whose penalty attribute is 9, to score, as it is for a player to miss whose attrbute is 20.

I wouldn't consider it a bug, unless it was happenign in every penalty shootout and you have to expect the unexpected sometimes.

I wouldn't consider it a bug, unless it was happenign in every penalty shootout

Exactly. I had a shoot out that finished 1-0 with one of the worst penalty takers scoring (he does have good composure though). Everyone else missed or had their kick saved. This could be a bug too, but as all my other shoot outs have had 'normal' results I think it was simply one of those things that happens sometimes.

I agree that penalties are still badly broken. Firstly, since 9.3.0 there are clearly far too many penalties, and despite playing in the BSP I am yet to see any player miss the target on a penalty. Yeah my players with penalty taking abillity of 6 hammer it into the corner clinically every time. I've seen dozens of penalties (mostly for my team) and I can only recall one occasion where the keeper made a save and nobody has ever missed the target. Ridiculous!

In reality more penalties are scored than are missed. I remember a game a few years back in the cup when two lower league sides (possibly Macclesfied being one of them?) had a ridiculous score in a shootout. In all honesty, I don't care how many go in as long as I win!

Yes, of course more penalties are scored than are missed!

The point is the amount of penalties scored/missed in fm09 is broken. I don't know the real life stats and I have no inclination to find out, but it's pretty obvious that the ratio in fm09 is ridiculously high compared to reality.

Does it bother me? not really - so I agree It's not a big deal but it's still something that should be improved in future versions so it's a valid discussion.

The point is the amount of penalties scored/missed in fm09 is broken. I don't know the real life stats and I have no inclination to find out, but it's pretty obvious that the ratio in fm09 is ridiculously high compared to reality.

If it's so obvious it shouldn't be that hard to back it up with real life vs FM stats then, hmm?

If it's so obvious it shouldn't be that hard to back it up with real life vs FM stats then, hmm?

I already said I had no inclination to find out did I not? I said it didn't bother me did I not? hmm?

If you care (which I don't) then on you go and find out and prove me wrong.

I don't think there is any way that you can claim any such 'penalty bug' to have not been fixed after one match.

If you had seen 13-12 penalty shoot outs 4 or 5 times then maybe.

In reality more penalties are scored than are missed. I remember a game a few years back in the cup when two lower league sides (possibly Macclesfied being one of them?) had a ridiculous score in a shootout. In all honesty, I don't care how many go in as long as I win!

It does seem that too many as a percentage are scored at whatever level, but Im with Sam - I dont mind too much if I win.

If it's a one off of course it wouldn't be a bug, it's happended before like people have said. But it hardly is a one off, in all the pen shootouts i've seen, propably 8 or 9 out of 10 times the contest was decided by one sole missed penalty. But in simulated games (games i'm not watching) there always seem to be more ''realistic'' scorelines, only when i'm playing it always goes down to the 9:nth shooter or something, and the decisive pen always shot over or wide, and never saved, goalies just nailed down to the middle...

Archived