FMH 2008 on PSP - 3000

Hi guys and gals,

Had my first ever PSP at christmas.

Girlfriend got me FMH 2008 (oh well!)

So Liverpool for 18months - sacked

Wolves from then for a year

Then took over Chelsea (hey it's a job!!!) 2011ish

And I am now into the 2022/23 season and doing really well still.

But game keeps crashing everytime I try to save manually or auto save.

Particularly after trying to sign new players.

Any ideas why? and can I sort it?

Shame really quite enjoying it so far.

Cheers in advance,

CM

• SI Staff

This problem seems to be a very rare occurance, the only consistent thing we've tracked it down to so far is people who have played without turning off their PSP's for very lengthy timespans (that is physically turning it off - NOT sleeping it).

It appears if you play for a very long period without turning the game off then the memory usage will fragment and take up a larger space - do this long enough and eventually it'll become unstable when trying to save (as thats when it needs most memory). The timespans appear to be quite long (we do stress-testing inhouse where PSP's run for 24 hours non-stop with the game and that doesn't trigger any problems) involved aren't the type of thing which most people will come across, however I do apologise to those who are affected and we're recoding parts of the game to try and reduce fragmentation for next version (which will hopefully remove this problem).

Until then please try and ensure that you save and actually power down your PSP every few days of play.

Just happened to me!!

it was auto-saving at the start of the month, then when the bar was almost fully ascross, the game froze and quickly turned off!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f_B10forumpicm_b6be3c7.png

This problem seems to be a very rare occurance, the only consistent thing we've tracked it down to so far is people who have played without turning off their PSP's for very lengthy timespans (that is physically turning it off - NOT sleeping it).

It appears if you play for a very long period without turning the game off then the memory usage will fragment and take up a larger space - do this long enough and eventually it'll become unstable when trying to save (as thats when it needs most memory). The timespans appear to be quite long (we do stress-testing inhouse where PSP's run for 24 hours non-stop with the game and that doesn't trigger any problems) involved aren't the type of thing which most people will come across, however I do apologise to those who are affected and we're recoding parts of the game to try and reduce fragmentation for next version (which will hopefully remove this problem).

Until then please try and ensure that you save and actually power down your PSP every few days of play.

So, just to be absolutely clear. It's only when going into sleep mode with the game running? If I stop the game and go to the XMB, and then put the PSP into sleep mode, there is no problem?

Thanks

What's strange about this though is that it was never an issue in FMH07. My PSP stayed on forever and I can't recall it ever crashing on a save. Oh well. I can only assume the game saves differently now.

• 1 month later...

Hi, unfortunately my PSP 2000 crashes with FMH2008 everytime I try to access my scouts screen.

Very annoying as I am now into 2018/19 and pushing into Europe - I need my scouts - is that is then, nothing can be done?

Eric

Archived