FM09 Questions

Hey guys ive been playing Football Manager on Xbox 360 pretty much since the xbox was around. Ive got a new laptop and im thinking of buying FM09 for it. Im not very computer literate, the system requirements and all the talk about patches and bugs and problems are putting me off a bit. The laptop ive got is nearly £1000 so it should have every requirent thats needed to install the game or will it ? Is FM 09 easy to understand for a beginner like me or do you think its gonna be tough to get used to.

(Its not the fm live im getting) its the game version. Cheers for all your help

I would suggest that you download the demo, ways to do this can be found via this link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=53492

Also, before playing the demo, download and run the demo patch, this is found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60961

By playing that, you can see if FM will run on your system and if FM on PC is something you can get to grips with.

Just out of curiosity, could you post the 1st part of your dxdiag up here? To find this, click start, then in the search box at the bottom, type "dxdiag" then click "dxdiag" at the top. Click "Save Information" and then open the txt document it creates and select down to the "Display Devices" section and post it up here :thup:

Thanks for the reply. I have played the demo before and found it ok. Its all this talk i hear about bugs and patches that make me think IT sounds a bit complicated. This probobly sounds a silly question but what is a Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra and what does it look like. Do laptops usually have them built in if there a quality laptop

Thanks for the reply. I have played the demo before and found it ok. Its all this talk i hear about bugs and patches that make me think IT sounds a bit complicated. This probobly sounds a silly question but what is a Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra and what does it look like. Do laptops usually have them built in if there a quality laptop

Don't worry too much about the bugs, a lot of people on here make mountains out of molehills. All you need to do is make sure that you download the latest patch, which is 9.3.0. If you activate or buy the game via Steam, it will update automatically. If you don't want to use Steam, it is quite simple to do it yourself though, just a matter of downloading the file, double clicking it and clicking update

As for the Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, it is a graphics card, from what a quick google search tells me it is quite a decent one, but then you would expect that with a £1000 laptop

Hey guys ive been playing Football Manager on Xbox 360 pretty much since the xbox was around. Ive got a new laptop and im thinking of buying FM09 for it. Im not very computer literate, the system requirements and all the talk about patches and bugs and problems are putting me off a bit. The laptop ive got is nearly £1000 so it should have every requirent thats needed to install the game or will it ? Is FM 09 easy to understand for a beginner like me or do you think its gonna be tough to get used to.

(Its not the fm live im getting) its the game version. Cheers for all your help

You're in for a very nice surprise, I played all of the FM's since they used to be CM back in the 90's.... I also played all three FM on the Xbox 360 and the PC version is simply stunning compared to the Xbox, depending on your HW that is. But the resolution on the xbox kills the game IMO and the limit of three leagues also is a major letdown on the 360.

Cheers for the info and advice. Is installing fm09 easy to install on the laptop. Is it a simple case of putting the game in the laptop clicking the install buttons and its ready to play . Is there any complications if any that i might get during installation.

Cheers for the info and advice. Is installing fm09 easy to install on the laptop. Is it a simple case of putting the game in the laptop clicking the install buttons and its ready to play . Is there any complications if any that i might get during installation.

During installation, you will have to activate the game, a new measure against piracy that SI brought in this year. You will have 3 choices, phone, Steam or Uniloc.

Phone is pretty self explanatory, but the other 2 probably aren't. If you want the patches downloaded automatically, then Steam is your option, I believe you will be directed to the Steam site to download and install it should you choose to use it. If you are comfortable downloading and installing the patches yourself, then choose Uniloc. Both Steam and Uniloc will require you to enter the activation key on the back of the FM09 manual

In your opinion would you say the downloading FM09 is pretty simple. Which of the 3 choices would you say is the best way to download .

The installation itself is very much the same as any other software installation, the only difference being the activation, so yeah, it is pretty simple.

Out of the 3 choices, the Uniloc method is the one I went for, mainly because I am used to patching FM by myself from previous incarnations and I prefer to do it that way. If you feel that you are capable of patching it yourself, like I say, it is just a matter of downloading the patch and double clicking it, then this is the option for you. If you aren't comfortable with that, then the Steam option is your best bet as this will update the game for you.

Steam is a seperate piece of software that you will need to download and install. Basically what it is is a program that you can download games from, SI teamed up with them this year to enable the patches to be distributed better than previous years. If adding more software onto your computer isn't something you want to do, then I would go via the Uniloc method

I bought FM09 and new laptop today installed FM09 which was successful clicked on play but I got a activation window wanting a code. I wont have the internet till friday as my router is on order. My question is when i have the internet and i put the key code in what happens next. Cheers for the help guys.

I bought FM09 and new laptop today installed FM09 which was successful clicked on play but I got a activation window wanting a code. I wont have the internet till friday as my router is on order. My question is when i have the internet and i put the key code in what happens next. Cheers for the help guys.

You could try phone activation. Its a bit of a kerfuffle, but then you wont have to wait until friday to play your new game:thup:

Ooh, sorry, I kinda assumed that you had a net connection seeing you were posting on here. Once you are connected to the internet on your new laptop, you just put the activation code in and once it has been verified, this may take a few minutes, then you can play FM to your heart's desire

Archived