Finance suggestion

[Apologies if this has been suggested before]

I've been in a situation recently where I sold a player for a big sum, giving me a large transfer kitty. However, this really didn't help me very much because the kinds of players this might let me buy are out of my league in terms of wages. What I need instead is an increased wage budget to enable me to add a player or two.

I wonder if it would be possible to create an option whereby when you sell a player you could choose whether the funds went into your transfer budget OR your wage budget...?

I hope this wouldn't be too difficult to implement, but of course I have no idea how the finances work behind the scenes in the game's programming.

I don't want to do so at this stage of my game. I don't think it's really relevant anyway - I might have already received an increased budget, but it would still be a neat addition to be able to use a transfer windfall on the wage budget.

Didnt get what you meant by this bit

I don't think it's really relevant anyway - I might have already received an increased budget

Why isnt it relevant, you wanted more wages so you can ask for them.

It would be alright to have the option of having the choice of where the transfer money goes but not a big deal imo.

Didnt get what you meant by this bit

I don't think it's really relevant anyway - I might have already received an increased budget

Why isnt it relevant, you wanted more wages so you can ask for them.

It would be alright to have the option of having the choice of where the transfer money goes but not a big deal imo.

It's not relevant because I might have asked for and received an increased wage budget 3 months ago and be at that budget limit. Asking the board again would be poor, but my idea would give me another option by which to increase what I can pay to players.

More importantly, and rather obviously, my board might REFUSE my request for more wage budget.

I don't think (and didn't say) this would be a big deal. But I do think that given the limited and rather hazy financial side of the FMH, this would add a nice bit of extra strategy to the game at hopefully little programming cost.

I think wages are fine as they are - a single large transfer fee shouldn't really affect them because the wage budget should be based on long-term sustainable earnings based on your gate, TV and merchandising revenue etc.

Yes, wage budgets are set (in real life) partly based on quite unpredictable factors. So, setting aside a large wodge of actual, hard, owned cash to pay someone's wages makes perfect sense.

In my specific case, 65 grand even spread over two years would pay a player 600+ quid a week.

I pointed out that there were problems with salary in the bugs/ issues thread. As a small club you could sell a player for a big fee in January but not get an increased salary budget until the next season. There's no intermediate salary adjustment by the club. I think it's the way the game works. So your suggestion of a PC style salary/ transfer fee adjustment option Alan is valid.

But I want more finance info in general so you can monitor whether your club is heading towards the red of black.

Archived