Idea - Watching 2 games at once.

I think that using the split view thing we should be ble to watch 2 games at once.

For example, you are fighting for the title and it is the last game of the season, here is the league table:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Pos Team Pld W D L F A G.D Pts

1 Team A 37 28 7 2 74 27 +47 91

2 Team B 37 30 1 6 80 26 +54 91

3 Team C 37 28 5 4 90 34 +56 89

</pre>

You are Team C and Team A are playing Team B on he final day of the season. The only way you can win the league is by you winning and them drawing.

This is where the idea comes in. Instead of just watching the live league table, you should get too watch your match + the other match (Team A v Team B). This will make it more exciting and more entertaining!

This can also work for relegation battles and fighting for playoff places.

Please post your thoughts icon_smile.gif

I think that using the split view thing we should be ble to watch 2 games at once.

For example, you are fighting for the title and it is the last game of the season, here is the league table:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Pos Team Pld W D L F A G.D Pts

1 Team A 37 28 7 2 74 27 +47 91

2 Team B 37 30 1 6 80 26 +54 91

3 Team C 37 28 5 4 90 34 +56 89

</pre>

You are Team C and Team A are playing Team B on he final day of the season. The only way you can win the league is by you winning and them drawing.

This is where the idea comes in. Instead of just watching the live league table, you should get too watch your match + the other match (Team A v Team B). This will make it more exciting and more entertaining!

This can also work for relegation battles and fighting for playoff places.

Please post your thoughts icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archy-91:

Would it just be on these occasions, or would there always be a "watch 2 matches" option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I supose you could do it any time. Obviously it wouldn't be as exciting though.

It could also give you a chance to have a look at some players while your in the middle of a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_ferginator:

I like it. Adds to the excitement and realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the realism of being able to watch two games at once? was Alex Ferguson sitting in the dugout watching the Chelsea game on tv during the last day of the season?

its all about doing your end of the bargain and then hoping for the result elsewhere to go your way, not about watching both games at the same time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_ferginator:

I like it. Adds to the excitement and realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Disagree, your the manager. When would a manager of a side ever watch both matches? The live score bit is much more realistic as you can see how the other sides are doing during your game which would happen in real life.

port-ton and tommyoung make good points.

Maybe just it could be made more obvious when a goal is scored elsewhere affecting you.

Like it could come up on the patch overview or whatever.

Also the commentry could respond to the crowds reaction.

For example, on thursday night, when aberdeen scored against rangers, the celtic fans went mental because it almost confirmed them the league title, and even moreso when aberdeen went 2-0 up. It would be nice for the commentry to aknowlendge things like this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archy-91:

port-ton and tommyoung make good points.

Maybe just it could be made more obvious when a goal is scored elsewhere affecting you.

Like it could come up on the patch overview or whatever.

For example, on thursday night, when aberdeen scored against rangers, the celtic fans went mental because it almost confirmed them the league title, and even moreso when aberdeen went 2-0 up. It would be nice for the commentry to aknowlendge things like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats actually a really good idea, the example you used is good as well as watching the Celtic game they were really nervous looking and after the crowd lifted so did the side, this could be a good addition for future FM.

does anyone else feel that watching AI games usually mean that the result goes your way? i was 4 points ahead of man united on 37 games, they were playing their game 36th at home against a bottom half club. i watched the match, united lost 0-1 and i won the league. i doubt they would have lost if i just continued, as they never seemed to lose when i needed them to.

if this idea of watching 2 matches was implimented, SI would have to fix this. otherwise, we'd all be watching AI games with a 50%-75% chance of the AI result going your way.

Thanks for your comments guys..

I've now realised that it may not make the game as realistic. I particularly like your idea Archy-91 something like that would really be good.

Even just a popup screen that could come up telling you about the events in the other game would be good icon_smile.gif

It's been discussed before that one minor bug is that at these times when you keep flicking to the latest scores screen to see how your rival is faring, the screen can lag a long way behind, so your looking at the score from a half hour ago, not contemporaneously. If that were fixed, the issue would be adequately covered.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This would be rather good indeed.

"The home fans are looking glum|They've seen Man Utd have made it 1-0 against Everton!|Are Chelsea's title chances out of their hands?"

"The Bolton fans are going ballistic!| Derby are leading Reading 1-0!|They know Bolton might yet stay up..."

Archived