Too many (good) Mexican regens?

I am currently in 2016 and I've noticed something quite spectacular (in my opinion). In the game years I play the game I've bought a good amount of Mexican regens for my AZ Alkmaar team; out of the 30 players there are 6 Mexicans, more than any other nationality. I was thinking if it was just that I like Mexican players or that the Mexican players are really good and in a majority in the game. So I searched in FM Genie scout for players with a PA of 180 or higher and I've found something quite intresting. Of the 72 players with a PA>179 there are 14 Mexicans; again more than any other nationality. Has anyone else noticed this? And it's not my database, I've got the English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and American league's loaded.

In 2012, of the 59 players with a PA>179, only 2 are Mexicans. The majority of the regens come from France and Spain; 7 for France and 8 for Spain.

I have Belgium, England, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, N. Ireland, Portugal, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Turkey, Wales, Argentina and Brazil loaded. Some of them are on view-only though.

In 2012, of the 59 players with a PA>179, only 2 are Mexicans. The majority of the regens come from France and Spain; 7 for France and 8 for Spain.

I have Belgium, England, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, N. Ireland, Portugal, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Turkey, Wales, Argentina and Brazil loaded. Some of them are on view-only though.

Spain is a good second in my game counting 9 players. France has one. What I also just found out is that most of the good Mexican regens play in Mexico. From the 14 there are only 4 playing abroad (two are in my team).

The Mexican league is overrated in the game IMO.

No it's not. It has arguably one of the top 5 most competitive leagues in the world. Yeah they don't have as much money as the European teams but trust me their football is great. Same goes for Argentina.

Young Players=Regens

Same thing in reality

The clubs IRL bring in a youth intake and their players in are regens/newgens/gens/ :D

So youth players are regenerations now and not real people who have a history? They don't exist on earth until they become youth players?

No it's not. It has arguably one of the top 5 most competitive leagues in the world. Yeah they don't have as much money as the European teams but trust me their football is great. Same goes for Argentina.

I just can't help but think that if the Mexican players are really that good IRL then why aren't more of them playing in Europe.

But you have to agree that it's unrealistic that they can buy players that are stars in the Russian league for example. In the game I always see Mexican clubs attracting players that I don't think would go there IRL. Although I think it's been toned down in FM09.

He's right, probably nailed it with the 5th spot.

IMO the best leagues in the world (today)

1- England

2- Spain

3- Italy

4- Argentina

5- Mexico

Mexico is the Europe of the Americas, they have a load of cash compared to the rest of south America, their budgets are well over 5 million compared to 1-2 m in Argentina (Boca and River only)... Problem with the Mexican league is that they tend to loose too many finals in the Copa Libertadores, they make it there though but they can never win the cup :)

1- England

2- Spain

3- Italy

4- Argentina

5- Mexico

Mexico is the Europe of the Americas, they have a load of cash compared to the rest of south America, their budgets are well over 5 million compared to 1-2 m in Argentina (Boca and River only)... Problem with the Mexican league is that they tend to loose too many finals in the Copa Libertadores, they make it there though but they can never win the cup :)

The Italian league is fairly poor now, the Bundesliga gets higher attendances (also higher than the premier leagues) and more tv viewers. Add to the fact how competitive the Bundesliga has been this season then i'd say it has a reasonable claim to be in there.

Take out the Milan teams and the Italian league isnt up to much, its been in decline for a while now.

1- England

2- Spain

3- Italy

4- Argentina

5- Mexico

Do you think the Argentine League is better than the Brazilian one?

I agree though about what you said about Mexico (but I don't think the Mexican League is better than either Brazil's or Argentina's and their results in S. American comps reflect that), their clubs are rich and pay good wages, so Mexican players don't need to play abroad.

The Italian league is fairly poor now, the Bundesliga gets higher attendances (also higher than the premier leagues) and more tv viewers. Add to the fact how competitive the Bundesliga has been this season then i'd say it has a reasonable claim to be in there.

Take out the Milan teams and the Italian league isnt up to much, its been in decline for a while now.

It may be fairly poor but their stronger teams are better than the German ones, they still get further in the Euro base cups. I your point though, Italian league was by far the best league in the 80's and well into the 90's and now they are far from the Premier and La Liga, but they still got it going on :)

Yea it all depends on how you judge it, Italy certainly have stronger top teams especially seeing how Bayern have recently hit a rocky patch and Dortmund imploded a few years back now.

But there are also other factors including money, competitveness, entertainment and fan base. Bundesliga certainly beat Seria A on entertainment, competitiveness and fan base.

Most watched leagues in Europe according to statistics:

1. Premier League

2. La Liga

3. Bundesliga

4. Championship

I am just of the opinion that the Italian league is dull, and is being dragged up by the Milan duo.

Yea it all depends on how you judge it, Italy certainly have stronger top teams especially seeing how Bayern have recently hit a rocky patch and Dortmund imploded a few years back now.

But there are also other factors including money, competitveness, entertainment and fan base. Bundesliga certainly beat Seria A on entertainment, competitiveness and fan base.

1. Premier League

2. La Liga

3. Bundesliga

4. Championship

I am just of the opinion that the Italian league is dull, and is being dragged up by the Milan duo.

I would agree with you there... dull it is for sure

1. Premier League

2. La Liga

3. Bundesliga

4. Championship

So, what im getting at is: Can you really say that the Seria A is the third best league in world football??

In my opinion its no where near.

ok you win!! :) I still think it's up there, just like the Italian national team they look and play an ugly football but they get the job done most of the time.

In the UEFA co-efficients Italy is still in 3rd place (despite the Calciocaos), I think it will take a while (if at all) before Germany take the 3rd place.

In the UEFA co-efficients Italy is still in 3rd place (despite the Calciocaos), I think it will take a while (if at all) before Germany take the 3rd place.

My Brazilian long time friend PMLF!! where's the 2009 Libertadores thread?? I want in :)

Since the NEWgen system started, I've found that different saves give me a different country with an inordinate amount of quality newgens. In FM08, it was usually Germany. I presumed this was because of the licencing issues whereby SI were not allowed to use "real" German internationals.

On my Newcastle save, my best newgens are English.

On my "holiday" save (I'm holidaying until 2020 to start a new game) it's the Spanish.

On my old Man City save it seemed to be Eastern Europe - predominantly Ukraine.

Have started a Leeds save, but the only newgens I've seen are American and they ain't too good yet.

Not sure if this is just my imagination or if it's something that's in the programming.

1- England

2- Spain

3- Italy

4- Argentina

5- Mexico

italy??? laughable!

1-england

2-spain

3-germany

4-france

5-argentina

• Administrators

It is dependent on what leagues and what size database you have running. Obviously if you're running just an English league there is more chance of the quality regens being English, and so on.

It's probably due to many of the Mexican clubs having exceptionally good Youth/Training and Academy setups.

I agree they're over the top.

I agree to an extent, that the mexican league is underrated by the overall public opinion, but in the case of FM, the players seem overrated in most cases. Notice how most of those who move to european leagues are made much worse after just a year.

• 3 months later...

In my last save, Mexico had three 20 year old regen DC:s in the national team in the year 2013. Plus several other young regens. Meanwhile, real life players with good CA/CR/PA retire because no team will sign them. Capped players like mexican/americans José Francisco Torres and Jorge Flores.

No injuries, good stats, but no team need them because the game is flooded with cheap regens.

So, what im getting at is: Can you really say that the Seria A is the third best league in world football??

In my opinion its no where near.

the serie A deserves 3rd place despite its decline. saying serie A is dull is like saying judging a book from its cover. those who say its dull either read crap from english articles or dont watch serie A at all. there plenty teams who play entertaining football in serie A. roma,genoa,udinese,palermo,napoli,sampdoria.... dont get me wrong these teams have their off-days but they play very entertaining football. plus if you take the heavywheights(top 4) of the top 3 leagues out, serie A is as twice as strong as la liga or EPL. you cant compare the talent that palermo(cavani,micolli),napoli(lavezzi,hamsik),lazio(zarate,pandev),and sampdoria(cassano,pazinni) have to the likes of fulham,everton,or westham. other than the bottom 3, all the serie A teams have at least 3-4 players that can easily play at a top club. you cant say that about EPL or La liga.

im in 2030 and in fm09 and the mexicans aren't very good. in fm07 they were great though. although it shouldn't be, england have the best team cause thats the country i'm in on the game. Urugauy funnilly enough have produced 2 outstanding players both on my team. a world class striker and almost world class midfielder. annoyingly brazil only have 1 world class player now i think, hes on my team, hes still not as good as kaka though. their strikers now are like prem mid table rotation squad strikers at best! just big lumps really. bit unrealistic given how massive their country is (footballing country).

everyone else is a bit average, spain are pretty good though

oh yeah why can you not sign brazillian under 18 players now? Man u still got fabio and rafael from extremely young ages and im sure its not too different at other clubs across europe too.

why why why!?

Archived