Battle of the Patches 9.02 or 9.03

Battle of the Patches 9.02 or 9.03  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Battle of the Patches 9.02 or 9.03

• Not Sure Yet

9.03 definately. The match engine is superior and I wonder how anyone can say the ME was better in 9.02 (all the one-on-ones etc.). In fact, ME in 9.02 was pretty terrible. The latest patch has definately improved my FM experience a lot.

Dunno yet. Voted undecided.

9.3 = overpowered speedy ST , ridiculously strong short passing & wide formation, 100% tackling strong ST is better in kitchen then on field (don't have any injury or goal from corners issues )

9.2 = way to many one on ones , have to redo all OI's , DFK's very inaccurate, seriously easy to win, Spanish B teams messed up (there was no messy defensive things )

On the fence still. If i work out to have consistent 55+% passing with mixed or direct then will be 9.3, if not then i don't know. Really don't feel like playing short passing in LL since that just doesn't exist there in such effectiveness.

Either way i think they both have some bad flaws and some great things. It's just matter of taste.

Dunno yet.

9.3 = overpowered speedy ST , ridiculously strong short passing & wide formation, 100% tackling strong ST is better in kitchen then on field (don't have any injury or goal from corners issues )

9.2 = way to many one on ones , have to redo all OI's , DFK's very inaccurate, seriously easy to win, Spanish B teams messed up (there was no messy defensive things )

On the fence still. If i work out to have consistent 55+% passing with mixed or direct then will be 9.3, if not then i don't know. Really don't feel like playing short passing in LL since that just doesn't exist there in such effectiveness.

Either way i think they both have some bad flaws and some great things. It's just matter of taste.

I also voted 9.02 for more or less the same reasons as yourself, play with two fast forwards with run with the ball option, play short and wide regardless of your team, talent and weather, and you are onto a winner, but seriously IRL who is their right minds would instruct their lower league team to go out and play like Arsenal, seriously unrealistic.

9.0.3 definately. The major issues I think with 9.0.2 was the ridicolous amount of one on one chances that were created with a huge percentage then missed. This has been solved in 9.0.3 and the match engine has improved as a result. Although I have noticed a definate increase in the number of injuries, this is not as frustrating as seeing my team time and again ripped apart by punts up the field to the opponents with an inevitable one on one to follow on (and miss) on 9.0.2.

9.03 no contest, but it is only because 9.02 was near unplayable. However for the first time in 17 years I am not enjoying playing(FM09 as a whole). There is still a long road to go to make FM10 a viable purchase for me. Maybe i'll just wait until SI gets things right - and take some leaps forward. To me this game set them back, despite good intentions. Maybe it is about time they realize that it isn't a good idea with an annual release, as it is too short of a timeframe to make steps forward and make it work proberly. This version more than any other showed this to be the case.

#3 has its faults, but it produces more fluid football, with more variety and better defending than #1 or #2 did. Yes corners are back and so are long shots, but on reflection I prefer a game that actually has these and free kicks going in than never at all.

#2 was mechanical, truly terrible. There was no link up play hardly, long balls were king. It truly sucked.

#1 reminded me of the Budwieser adverts, with MultiBall . Way too many goals form long shots and corners.

My only critricism with #3 is there don't seem to be any hand balls and my major criticism: What the hell is going on with off sides? There are loads of goals given where the player/s are miles offside and likewise disallowed when they are clearly onside. Ok now and then, but happens a lot to me .. ?

#3 has its faults, but it produces more fluid football, with more variety and better defending than #1 or #2 did. Yes corners are back and so are long shots, but on reflection I prefer a game that actually has these and free kicks going in than never at all.

#2 was mechanical, truly terrible. There was no link up play hardly, long balls were king. It truly sucked.

#1 reminded me of the Budwieser adverts, with MultiBall . Way too many goals form long shots and corners.

My only critricism with #3 is there don't seem to be any hand balls and my major criticism: What the hell is going on with off sides? There are loads of goals given where the player/s are miles offside and likewise disallowed when they are clearly onside. Ok now and then, but happens a lot to me .. ?

I agree with most of that, except I don't think there are actually too many long shot goals int 9.3.0 (well, I haven't seen that many, and if so, it's my central mid with 19 long shots and 19 technique. And then, other than deflected shots (a few over more than 50 matches), he only scores if he's really wide open at 25-30 yards out).

Regarding hand balls: Yesteday evening I conceded a penalty because my central mid thought he was Karabatic. Likewise I've had several calls, both in favor and against my team for handballing, especially long kicks to the strikers or high crosses.

Also didn't really notice any real offside problems yet... maybe that's because I'm using the roof camera in 3 d view.

Archived