Anyone else find that keeper are beating from close range at their near posts a lot?

Do you think keepers are beaten at their near post too often?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think keepers are beaten at their near post too often?

• Yes
    • No
    • It varies

I have noticed a small increase in this but could be down to my left sided defenders not doing as they are told but when a player walks the ball in from the wing and the keeper stands in the middle of the goal,then you have to question it.

• SI Staff

It was an issue in 9.3 beta stage that we pretty much fixed by the time it was done, but there may be the odd case remaining.

That said, keeper positioning got a decent overhaul in 9.3, and I think that was a good thing :)

I've noticed that players make the run at the post far more often with 9.3, but it only rarely leads to a goal. I'd say 20% of the time, max, which sounds low considering its usually a 1v1 situation. Still, if it was any higher I'd be seeing plenty of 5-3 games and the like!

I see it a LOT when my players dribble in along the bye-line from the wing (especially Javier Zanetti) and then advance to the near post. The keeper runs away to the centre of his goal-line giving my player an easy chance.

A related note is that it's FAR too easy for players to dribble in along the bye-line.

I often see this. I just blamed my poor goalkeeper (being in BSP, I thought this was a logical explanation, so I never considered it a problem with the game). To make matters worse, the opposition's sub came on and scored a goal almost identical to "that" Ronaldinho free kick against David Seaman in the World Cup. But this BSP guy scored it from open play. Bad times :mad:

I see it a LOT when my players dribble in along the bye-line from the wing (especially Javier Zanetti) and then advance to the near post. The keeper runs away to the centre of his goal-line giving my player an easy chance.

A related note is that it's FAR too easy for players to dribble in along the bye-line.

you have to mark them and pull your full backs back, then it wont happen that much

Archived