Small/Middle class teams with loads of money!

Im interested in starting a game with a team that is predicted to come around 6th and under in any league.

Any ideas of an average team that has loads of money to spend? I want to make a small team into a very big team by buying new players...

Any teams?

I don't think this is in the new patch, but Sengkang in the Singapore League is newly rich (by Singapore League standards anyway) and they almost always tipped to finish bottom.

Would be a good addition for FM10.

I don't think this is in the new patch, but Sengkang in the Singapore League is newly rich (by Singapore League standards anyway) and they almost always tipped to finish bottom.

S-League - advertised as one of the top ten leagues in Asia. Hopefully Indra would help them not finish bottom.

Play out a few years unemployed and on vacation. Then check in for any average teams that picked up a sugar daddy owner.

Hmm. I don't see any sugar daddy takeovers in my game. Usually just a change of the chairman. I would love to manage such a club though, putting myself in Mark Hughes' shoes.

Spain and Italy always have decent transfer budgets...I can't exactly name too many teams, but in Spain, most teams other than Barca, Real, Sevilla, Atletico, Valencia, and Villareal (who should be the top 6 teams) should have decent finances, great facilities, good-sized stadiums, and a solid youth set-up, so they might be worth considering...Getafe is a personal favorite of mine and were finalists in Copa del Rey (Spanish Domestic Cup, akin to the the FA Cup), and Espanyol finished 4th a couple of years back, and may have some money left over from European qualification.

As far as Italy goes, Genoa should be pretty solid to start (not to mention they have Milito, who would be a great front-man for most top clubs), Torino is another pretty loaded club.

France's Ligue 1 has St. Ettienne, who were perennial title contenders several years back, and are a very well-funded club as well.

If you're looking for a club that is not in a top division, but has some solid finances and infrastructure, check out either Spain's Liga Adelante or Italy's Serie B, there are bound to be some "sleeping giants" thereabouts.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it! :)

Palermo's board were always pretty generous for me, plus they play in pink :cool: Not tried them in 09 though...

I'm playing with Palermo right now, three seasons deep.

If i want a large transfer kitty i have to make it myself via selling revenue, trophy wins, so far i've just managed the serie A once in two years. selling is the key with this team.

CRF Cluj? i think they are rich, but not so sure where they are predicted to finish.

wot about Real Zaragoza? relegated from la liga, some top class players like diego milito, alberto zapater, carlos diogo. they're fairly rich and have a big enough stadium.

Just pick Sunderland.

Billionair tycoon backing them, a GREAT chairman (Any objections to me naming him the best chairman in England?), big stadium, big fanbase, good facilities, fierce rivalry, and the home of the most recognisable smile in world football.

Whats not to love? Ok they dont quite fit your criteria but im biased.

Archived