Player individual instructions. Setting up.

I know that this has been mentioned before, somewhere long ago. Indeed, I mentioned it for inclusion in this year's game. It is thus.

Could the individual player instructions set up be made to apply to the player instead of the position? It could then be saved for as long as required, saving the tedious routine of having to change the instructions every time a player is substituted. It makes sense to me. Kind regards.

This is definitely a good idea - one of the worst scenarios happens when you set your strikers to swap to avoid man marking. Then you substitute a defender for one of the strikers and put him in defense. Next thing you know, your defender is up there as a striker, and your striker is playing defense because you forgot to turn off swapping. You should be able to set the specific player to swap, and not the position.

Making tactical changes, whether it be formation, instructions, subs or what-ever kind of makes the game what it is.

I'm quite happy to have to make specific changes to player instructions when I make a tactical sub.

Not a bad idea by any means, but if you put on a sub, but don't want him to adhere to previously set instructions (which will probably happen more often than people think), then you'd have to take a few seconds to change things anyway.

The "swap" instruction has caught me out a few times though

Archived