wish SI can correct Speed/ACC issue in matchs

i used to play FIFAM

this year with no salary coming in this days, can't upgrade my pc, so told to my self, ok why not giving FM a try, and actually loved the game.

loved transfer, loved gameplay ..etc.

but then since some matches i had one thing which start to annoy me day after day, and step by step, i think something need to be adjusted to MATCH AI, regarding one issue, as match AI look really brilliant, bit only have one problem

it is SPEED, it seem isn’t working in FM !! and sometimes my players pass to a players who is fast like 20, and opposition who is 10 rush like bullet to take the ball from him.

with CR i couldn't score any of his run goals, when he can run thro def, or at least pass them with his speed like he do in RL.

it seem Speed is irrelevant here,

i started new game, and had Tchité who had about 20 in both acceleration and speed, and of ball about 17, but each time i send long balls in front of him, he is not catching them, slower def run faster than him to take the ball, even those with less anticipation !!!

i remember in CM03/04 or CM4 i used to have players running like in RL, with speed skills obvious in the match.

what happened? my thought is SI twicked that effect to reduced advantages and make results look ok for a match AI run over 90min.

if this is the case that is wrong, henry, CR are all about speed, well at least for 50-60% of their power is coming thro that. This advantage exist in RL, so why it is not as effective in FM09?

now stopped playing, as what is the use, i bought players who can counter and can run, in all area in mid and ST, and can't see the advantage of it.

hope SI look at this aspect again.

for me, no manager game now in my PC, will give surely CM a try

otherwise loved the game

If I am not mistaken, it has been mentioned by SI representatives that it is not just pace and acceleration that determines who gets to a loose ball first. There are other factors involved as well, like determination, morale, condition, etc. There is most likely a random factor thrown into the mix too.

So a less pacy defender who is more motivated and is in a better physical condition might just win a race sometimes against a pacy striker who is less motivated and in a worse off shape. Other times, he might lose as you would expect him to.

It is more realistic this way incidentally.

With the 9.3.0 patch I can't really share that view. My fast wingers beat their opponents quite often, my strikers have a harder time getting on through balls. However, since the newest patch the defenders mark them well and I'd imagine that both, the striker and the defender, fight for the ball, basically makng the strikers speed advantage obosolete.

By the time he is some way off the slower defender, he gets to the ball fisrt 90 % of the time.

From there, his ball control, technique and dribbling come into play (maybe some other attributes). If he's good in these areas he'll be able to keep his advantage up at times, if he's not, the defener usually has a good chance to fight back. If the striker gets a clear cut chance now he usually scores.

In 9.2.0 the striker almost always ran away with the ball but then lew it over the roof or tried to kill the keeper with a placed shot in his chest.

I love the way defene and attack at after the patch and I really was a critic of the 9.0.0, 9.1.0 and 9.2.0 match engines really because of either defense being too good or poor (o the same for attackers).

Watch a football game.Just because a player is fast he won't always outpace players that are considered to be slower when running 100 metres straight.

If I am not mistaken, it has been mentioned by SI representatives that it is not just pace and acceleration that determines who gets to a loose ball first. There are other factors involved as well, like determination, morale, condition, etc. There is most likely a random factor thrown into the mix too.

So a less pacy defender who is more motivated and is in a better physical condition might just win a race sometimes against a pacy striker who is less motivated and in a worse off shape. Other times, he might lose as you would expect him to.

It is more realistic this way incidentally.

well he is 100 condition as i rest my players and they were facing more tired team.

but guess i only patched it with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 don't remember,

i will patch it now with patch 3, as bieritarier adviced me

cheers

Archived