HELP, my job status is now precarious and I need urgent help

Hi all

I'm in my fourth season, i've been the QPR manager for around three months after being relatively successful in my first 3 seasons with Leeds (won the league one playoffs in my 1st season and lost the championship playoff final in the 3rd season)

But despite having just spent a fair bit of cash on new players in January the team is still struggling and i'm now just 2 points above the relegation zone. I have been using the same tactics I used when I was Leeds and have even signed a couple of my old Leeds players but the tactics just aren't working with QPR, even though I think I have a better squad than I did when I was Leeds :S

Can anybody suggest anything? I fear one more loss may get me the boot!

Change your tactics. Start with a default and tweak it from there. There are very few foolproof tactics in FM09. There are a couple in the tactics forum that players indeed claim to be foolproof, but I've not tried all of them - the ones I have tried were NOT foolproof.

Also, look at training. If you have individual schedules for each position, try putting the squad all together in one session - maybe the general one - for a couple of weeks. It might be my imagination, but I do this whenever the team starts to slump (usually february) and they kick right back in. If you only use general, do the opposite and spend ten mins creating some new schedules.

Good luck.

Archived