Strikers Scoring

Hi, im real madrid and im having problems with my strikers, Raul and Ruud are having problems scoring, i dont no why, is their something that i should be doing different with them or what, the team is winning. Hope somebody out their can help, Cheers :thup:

What formation are you playing?

Have you tried watching the game and seeing what type of service your strikers are getting. It will probably be that they are and getting given really poor balls where their chances of scoring are low.

Depends what type of chances your players are getting. As Menion said might be best to take a look at a full match and then see from there. You should be looking to get the ball wide an get crosses in as through balls won't be effective becuase neither are particularly pacy strikers.

Hi, im real madrid and im having problems with my strikers, Raul and Ruud are having problems scoring, i dont no why, is their something that i should be doing different with them or what, the team is winning. Hope somebody out their can help, Cheers :thup:

Whip them into shape with a leather belt!!!

Couple of things to try. Maybe do a bit of experimenting cheats and play the same game over and over to see what works for your players. (save before the game, then restart after each one, even if you win, just to give yourself a few options).

This might be best in the tactics forum so apologies if this gets your thread closed, but:

Are your strikers' mentality set to high attacking and high forward runs? I find that if you have both these, my strikers are rushing their chances, shooting when they shouldn't be, basically desperate to score.

Are your strikers' mentality very different from the rest of the team? For example, if your team plays a defensive, while your strikers are set to attacking then they are rather isolated and not really playing AS A TEAM.

Try slowing the pace of your game right down, if you haven't already. A lot of gamers think that to win big you have to attack with fast pace.

My biggest scores tend to come from when I set team instructions to "normal" mentality, "mixed" passing, "slow" pace, with counter-attacking ticked, often forward runs on my wingers and one MC, rare forward runs and defensive mentality for the other MC, mixed forward runs for my full backs, and rare for CBs. One forward has mixed forward runs, the other has often forward runs. Throughout the game I'll tweak here and there, eg, making them attack when they've had a lot of possession but not scored.

This is just a brief overview, cos I don't want to get into Tactics too much on here. If this doesn't work for you have a look in the forum and try someone else's tactics. There are quite a few to download.

They are not exactly young, and i imagine pace and acceleration attributes have decreased, if i were you i wouldn't play them together, play one alongside a fast, pacy striker, and look to bring one on as a sub later in the game.

The pace of the spanish game would not suit two ageing players up front:thup:

Archived