Injury hell

:mad: How can you at SI explain, that people all over the hole FM-scene, talking about that injury hell after patch 9.3.0. I have played with 9.2.0, and had a realistic amount of injuries, but after I started a new game in patch 9.3.0, that injury hell started again. I have been around the forums on the FM-scene, and people are talking about stop playing FM 2009, because of this injury mess. Don´t you think you should try to fix this bug:thdn: As many other players on this scene, I also think about starting a new game in FM 2008, and I am very sad about this:mad:

I jumped on said bandwagon after first loading 9.3.0 up and about five of my players got crocked. However, as I played on injuries just stopped happening.

Also, some people will know I've been complaining about strikers not scoring on the new patch. Well, since jumping ship (plenty of jumping metaphors this morning!) to Nurnberg from Kidderminster, the problem seems to have gone away and my strikers are in form.

It's been covered extensively since the patch came out. Only a few people are having problems. It looks like a lot because those that complain do complain rather loudly. The FM figures against real life figures are pretty close. It SEEMS like a problem because - admittedly - all the injuries seem to happen at once, but overall it's fairly realistic.

If you are getting 10/12/14 injuries, it's your training.

It's been covered extensively since the patch came out. Only a few people are having problems. It looks like a lot because those that complain do complain rather loudly. The FM figures against real life figures are pretty close. It SEEMS like a problem because - admittedly - all the injuries seem to happen at once, but overall it's fairly realistic.

If you are getting 10/12/14 injuries, it's your training.

You're probably correct so I'd like to add your answer to the standard statements. So far we have:

1. It's your tactics

2. It's your training

Which will be the next one? It's your ass.man? It's your coaches? It's your physio? :rolleyes:

You're probably correct so I'd like to add your answer to the standard statements. So far we have:

1. It's your tactics

2. It's your training

Which will be the next one? It's your ass.man? It's your coaches? It's your physio? :rolleyes:

What a horrible tone to take. If you disagree with him, fine. Do so. But put forward a proper argument, like he did. There's nothing standard about his statement. What he said is actually pretty accurate.

When i played my first match on the new patch I had 5 injuries in one game and I thought that it was going to be a nightmare but it turns out that was just a really unlucky match. I think the new patch is brilliant.

I had horrible injury problems when i started a new game with 9.2.0, on my third season and i think it's fine now. I did experience on the 9.3.0 patch a string of training injuries (4 or 5) on the same day, but luckily they were all short term.

I rarely have a match now where no injuries occur. However, I've only had a couple that keep players out for over a month during a full season. Most are 3-11 days. I prefer this to injuries being more rare but always lasting 2+ months. There should be more injuries in training and less during matches though.

1. It's your tactics

2. It's your training

I love dismissive answers like this. No thought put into it at all. I have a way around the problem stated so I must therefore be wrong. Love the logic.

But, I'm sorry, FMers have to face up to the fact that most match engine problems ARE tactical, whether it's strikers not scoring or conceding too many goals, as proven time and time again by gamers willing to put in a bit of effort (not necessarily reading the Tactics Bible) and actually trying to look for the positives rather than giving up after half a season. But if I'm stating that tactics are an issue, I'll also try add some further advice, something practical, ie, a reasonable arguement.

Anyway, as proven time and time again by gamers who do not have this problem *most* injury problems ARE training related. MOST.

However, without wishing to annoy the naysayers further, it could also be tactical (sorry for the "standard" statement). Constant closing down, attacking, forward runs, etc - combine these for an entire match and it's logical that you will get injuries. Lennon played himself into the ground on Sunday, and he pulled up injured eventually, purely because the human body cannot take that sort of constant punishment. But this is especially the case in pre-season.

My first three pre-season games, I try to switch my whole team at half-time, even if this means bringing in U18s, and slowly build up fitness that way. I alter my training so that no one is above "medium", I have schedules for GK, Def, Mid-reg, Mid-attack and Strikers, and rotate my squad in pre-season as stated. I have reached the beginning of the season with my Leeds side and only missing 2 first teamers, having had 6-7 injuries altogether. Perfectly realistic in 'real' footballing terms.

If you start the season with 5-6-7 players missing, this is also perfectly acceptable. Newcastle started this season with 10 injured first teamers, and West Ham had 12! More than an entire team! From memory, Villa had 8, and they did okay because O'Neil is a tactical master.

The majority of complaints about this game have workarounds that are not game breakers.

I love dismissive answers like this. No thought put into it at all. I have a way around the problem stated so I must therefore be wrong. Love the logic.

As I pointed out in the thread on the GD rules, his kind of response is becoming more and more common round here. People aren't bothering to construct proper arguments. They're just seeing something they don't like and lashing out at it. For what it's worth, your response (which I haven't quoted in full) is the way things should be.

I am getting injuries, but no where near the amount of injuries I was getting on the demo or the default game (before the first patch). I think it is quite realistic how many injuries I have, it doesn't average out to one a game and the injuries I get in match sometimes don't even command a physio report after the match.

Mike7077 and backpant, did you miss the sentence that goes "You're probably correct..." ? Nowhere I write that he in any way is wrong so calm down a bit. Specially you Mike, you should know from my PM that I have seen a decrease in injuries since I lowered my training intensity.

Stop taking yourselves so serious and chill out!

It's clearly a variety of factors which contribute to injuries.

1) Training - clearly intensity of regimes has an impact and can vary from one player to the next, depending on their "hidden" attributes, but also with attributes you can see and judge from. Heavy schedules, especially with fitness, are always likely to tire players and/or lead to training related injuries.

2) Players - Following on from the previous, the wide variety of player characteristics make a difference. I suffered lot's of injuries one season, got physio reports for my whole squad only to find nearly half of them were "injury prone". Clearly this has had some considerable influence on the ratio of injuries I would see and therefore my acceptance of the problem. Something that could aid FM'ers for future releases might be a more detailed "medical", with a report to give us a more informed view of players prior to confirming their signature, rather than the generic seeming "pass or fail", most often seen if a player is carrying an injury around the time of signing. You do get an indication sometimes when you scout players, so it's always worth using scouts to run the rule over a player before you make your decision to sign them.

3) Tactics - Has to be said because this does influence injuries, clearly. As has been mentioned, it's easy to see when you're playing high-tempo, high closing down, hard tackling, etc... that during matches your players condition drops considerably. It's fair to say that with a combination of these high settings, and lower player condition, injuries are bound to rise in frequency. This does work both ways I find, because by checking my opponents players whilst setting opposition instructions, it's possible to pick out players for that "special treatment" from your midfield tiger, for example.

All in all, there's lot's of factors to consider that will cause injuries throughout the course of a season. I've had 12 first team squad players out at once during a save, but I could completely understand why. It was a clear combination of the points I have mentioned and therefore, something that I could resolve.

Game after game i'm getting injuries. At least one a game, usually two. In my last game 4 players went off injured, 2 for my team and 2 for their team. 8 of my first 11 have been injured in 3 games and 2 of them long term. It's stupid. 9.0.2 was fine but since i've patched I can't go a game without them. I don't mess around with training, i've got top quality coaches and a fitness coach too.

Mike7077 and backpant, did you miss the sentence that goes "You're probably correct..." ? Nowhere I write that he in any way is wrong so calm down a bit. Specially you Mike, you should know from my PM that I have seen a decrease in injuries since I lowered my training intensity.

You were completely dismissive of backpackant's post, suggesting it should be added to other "standard statements". Then you used the "rolleyes" smiley. I'm not sure how you expected that to be responded to.

In fairness to Butros, I did miss that.

But the rest of the message is quite a regular response, though. I know a lot of people take the Michael with "it's your tactics", and when it's not backed up with proper suggestions or advice it can be a bit annoying. Doesn't mean it's wrong though.t

Archived