Took over Unplayable team promoted into playable league..Question on Grey Players

I just arrived at a team which got promoted into Liga BBVA from an unplayable league

I have 2 grey players in my main squad and all my U19s are greys

I offered the 2 main squad greys contracts to make them non grey and then release them

but everytime they are replaced with another grey player

is there a way to get rid of these guys from my squad at all?

I tried the search but I havnt found any answers

thanks!

Yes, you will now get new players on youth contracts every 9th or 10th of July in Spain. I would have thought that when the team became playable at the start of the season you would have gotten at least 5 or 6 youth players, maybe that's just in England.

The grey players are there to make up the short-fall in the squad, so they can put out a team.

It's a pointless waste of money signing greys just to release them (with compensation). Signing new players (even on frees, or loans) will automatically get rid of greys.

When your academy brings in new youths, they are always 'white', not greys - but you won't get a full squad so the rest will be grey.

Basically, don't worry about them - just ignore them and focus on the players you've brought in icon_smile.gif

thanks a lot

I been seeing a lot of posts of bad regens and stuff and im in 2011

I am not sure if i should just start a new game or stretch my career to like 2018

are there ppl out there who play long careers and are satisfied with the regen quality (clubs only...national doesnt matter much to me too much waiting around for friendlies)

Archived