selling players (fao marc vaughan)

does anybody else struggle to sell players. i have players listed with lots of club interested yet they never bid due to the inflated prices of most players. question for marc vaughan - why did SI remove the offer to clubs option? this would make life so much easier as my squad is full and i need to sell to buy.

cheers

does anybody else struggle to sell players. i have players listed with lots of club interested yet they never bid due to the inflated prices of most players. question for marc vaughan - why did SI remove the offer to clubs option? this would make life so much easier as my squad is full and i need to sell to buy.

cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

When you transfer list a player in the PSP game it will automatically offers him to all clubs (this is noted in the manual I believe). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks, i must of missed that in the manual. still no offers though, so why are they interested? still would prefer the 'offer to clubs' option, at least you could half the asking price or something

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">thanks, i must of missed that in the manual. still no offers though, so why are they interested? still would prefer the 'offer to clubs' option, at least you could half the asking price or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're probably 'wavering' on the verge of an offer or he might be a player who is interesting them but seocnd fiddle to another player who they already have a bid in for ... or any number of variations along those lines.

Alternatively if he's a minor player it might be they're interested in loaning him ...

I have the same problem, in that clubs do not bid for my players, so i have no way of raising funds to improve my squad more, than what the board gives me.

For example, at Barcelona i put Ronaldinho and Eto'o on the list but got NO BIDS AT ALL, which is totally unrealistic(there were a few loan offers though).

Any bids i do get are way below the value of my player and usually in the same league. (La Liga)

Why is this such a major issue in the game?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

I have the same problem, in that clubs do not bid for my players, so i have no way of raising funds to improve my squad more, than what the board gives me.

For example, at Barcelona i put Ronaldinho and Eto'o on the list but got NO BIDS AT ALL, which is totally unrealistic(there were a few loan offers though).

Any bids i do get are way below the value of my player and usually in the same league. (La Liga)

Why is this such a major issue in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If players are on a huge wage then it will restrict the amount of clubs able to be able to physically afford their services (which is why for some quality players you might get loan offers rather than cash if you're listing them - this is especially true during a season, if you are trying to sell a high priced player then the off-season when a club is about to recieve their transfer budget if a good time to hawk him around, rather than at xmas when a club might not have the cash available).

This is going to be especially the case if the player in question has been 'benched' and is thus seen as rusty and more of a risk to sign ..

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil Rómeó:

this is ridiculous

i never get offered anywhere near the value of the player

i jus got offered 450k for Ji Sung Park when his value is 10.25 million!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try negotiating them up - club will come in low sometimes, especially if you've got a player transfer listed and there's limited interest in him ...

(heck admit it most of us do the same thing a lot of the time icon_wink.gif )

hi, to raise the price of a player, when u get a offer put it up 10% then see what they say. I found this with n-zogbia of newcastle, got offered 6 mil from arsenal, by the end i was up to 10 mil. Just dont raise to quick to much.

question for sigames: is there a pattern to teams buying players, or is it random?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lil Rómeó:

this is ridiculous

i never get offered anywhere near the value of the player

i jus got offered 450k for Ji Sung Park when his value is 10.25 million!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try negotiating them up - club will come in low sometimes, especially if you've got a player transfer listed and there's limited interest in him ...

(heck admit it most of us do the same thing a lot of the time icon_wink.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it actually seems other clubs do this kind of 'fishing' for players just to see if they can get away with it. icon_smile.gif Playing as Liverpool I got a £3M offer from Betis for Luis Garcia (valued at £7M), obviously a far too low bid. I chose to negotiate it to £9.5M and they accepted immediately..

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">question for sigames: is there a pattern to teams buying players, or is it random? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As irl teams will look to strengthen their weak areas and where possible work within their budgets (ie. if they need 4 players then they won't blow their entire transfer budget on one player).

Obviously if you're a player who's in the team and performing well then he's likely to get more attention then someone who's been benched for a season and isn't fit though ... again as irl ..

Archived