FM completely stopped working please help!

Hi All

it all started last friday when i upgraded to 9.3 i lost a lot of the font on screen. I reverted back to 9.1.1 and my saved games would not load. I tried reinstalling the game, however now when i go to open FM i get the following - The Application Football Manager 2009 quit unexpectedly - this means i cannot even get onto the game now. I am completely stuck. I am using a MAC. Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried creating a new user, that solves many problems and is an unexpected fix for lots of things. The game cannot load because you are using a different patch to that which you started the game with, so your save game isn't compatible with FM anymore

Have you tried creating a new user, that solves many problems and is an unexpected fix for lots of things. The game cannot load because you are using a different patch to that which you started the game with, so your save game isn't compatible with FM anymore

Hi i realised that for the saved games. I just dont understand why now that i reinstalled the game i cant even get it to open!

hmmmm i would put your game saves in a safe place and completely remove Football Manager from your comp (not just uninstall remove any files to do with it but be careful if your also playing other Football Manager games ie. 2007. 2008 or FM live) Then re-install and add your save games. Hope this works :)

As i said, create a new user and see if that works. If not, create a shortcut to FM09 on your desktop, right click, select preferences and in the target field delete the old text and paste in this instead:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10540

Otherwise i have no clue whatsoever as i am on a laptop with Vista.

Hope that works and Happy Gaming

Hamilton162

As i said, create a new user and see if that works. If not, create a shortcut to FM09 on your desktop, right click, select preferences and in the target field delete the old text and paste in this instead:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10540

Otherwise i have no clue whatsoever as i am on a laptop with Vista.

Hope that works and Happy Gaming

Hamilton162

No, that definately won't work. He's on a Mac & not using steam, so that'd come up as an invalid target field.

No, that definately won't work. He's on a Mac & not using steam, so that'd come up as an invalid target field.

yes the above definitely wont work. I have put saved game on USB...used uninstaller and deleted all files as you said and thats what seems to be causing the issue maybe now i have installed it again! Just will not open!

I had the same problem. I had to delete all the folders, all the caches, all the preferences. Then, reinstall, then install the new patch. The it should work.

Why wont that sports interactive folder go though? Ill try doing caches and preferences now!

Right all folders are definitely now gone inc caches etc. Im trying to install again!

Thanks for all the advice i can now get the game to open but my saved game is no good so i will need to start a new game...gutted as i was in 5th season!

Archived