will joey bartons 6 mouth jail sentence keep him out of football manager 09

What Serp's said, just been chatting to Greg (the Newcastle researcher) who is implimenting it as a 6 month unavilability. (or how ever long he actually is inside for taking into account we are only at research pahse 1)

• SI Staff

I fully expect that, by September when data lock deadline for FM2009 is upon us, that Barton will have been released and we will have been able to set an actual date for his unavailability.

He'll have to do 3 months but during his time in prison he'll have to answer for another court case where he beat up a city play thats strarts in agust and he is more than likely going to be put in prison again or an extended sentance

I suspect that just like any other famous personality he'll probably be shown undue leniency and he'll only serve half of his sentence if even that so I don't think it will be an issue for FM2009.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Bit of luck, he'll get raped in the showers and never feel able to show his face in public again.

Too much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> If only.

He'll probably be out jail before September, shame really. Scum should be locked up for longer, still earning while in jail! IMHO he should be suspended without pay.

Wouldn't be surrpised if Newcastle sack him.

It would entail a global ban, or hopefully an injury called behind bars, I'd tick reccurring. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HHUK:

It would entail a global ban, or hopefully an injury called behind bars, I'd tick reccurring. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's brilliant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Bit of luck, he'll get raped in the showers and never feel able to show his face in public again.

Too much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not enough.

Too much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Raymond the B@stard will get a hold of him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gripper:

I fully expect that, by September when data lock deadline for FM2009 is upon us, that Barton will have been released and we will have been able to set an actual date for his unavailability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the standard 'global ban' description will be enough this time icon_biggrin.gif

Archived