What's the most you've spent on a regen?

Just wondering, really. I've bought a couple of foreign chappies (Italian and Spanish to my Arsenal side) for about £4.5m, before. But there have always been one or two excellent regens playing for Man U and Liverpool and the likes, that require likely bids of £15m-upwards. Have you ever splashed the cash on someone like this? There's one I'm after at the mo, at Liverpool, and as good as he looks and as much potential as my scouts say he has, I can't help but feel the £20m required (as it's a rival club) is a bit too much for a 16-year-old.

Would you ever buy anyone like that?

casilas for my madrid has retired & everywere i look there is all rubbish kps, i get good regens in every other department & iv seen a hole load of defencive md's. but as i said all the kp's are crap.

then the next season i found a regen keeper at juventus aged 20 & he was by far the best in the world & at 20 is only going to get better.

it took me 1year to get him & i had to settle for a fee of £71million. haha a small dent in my 1billion+ bank ballance.

About 750k on a Winger from 1860 Munchen.

He was 16 at the time of buying, which is why he was so cheap.

By the age of 20, he had played over 15 games for the Dutch national side(He was from the Netherlands, but played in Germany).

It was good to see him do so well.

I sold him eventually. I believe it was about £24M, to Real Madrid.

Which was a brilliant profit. And I had brilliant cover for him any.

Archived