Training/Rest/Intensity level

Hi guys, just wondering WHEN you give your players a break and how you work

with the intensity?

I made them train with a medium intensity, just a notch before the Heavy one.

im keeping this from day one....im afraid to go to heavy, tried it for a month and

i had 5-6 players injured in pratice!

I rest them one or two days starting the day before a match.

im i ok in this fit? or should i graduate the intensity of pratice before a game.

thx all

You are OK as long as you keep these in mind:

- Injury prone players are better off with lower training. Check the coaches reports to see what player is injury prone.

- Players with higher Natural Fitness can take more training than players with lower NF.

- Fit players can take more training. On the other hand, if a player plays 2 matches per week, you should probably use lower intensity for him.

It probably won't make a difference to graduate training intensity, because training updates once a week (Sunday, in my game). Having said that, I don't know how injury probability is calculated and whether it takes into account the schedule of Sunday or the current schedule, so I am just guessing here.

thx Lyssien, i wasnt focusing on the NF. sounds obvious.

and i suppose you go smooth during the month of training camp?

im organizing friendly games during season with my reserve to keep

them match fit...im still doing good?

(maybe it seems stupid questions to you guys but im in a country of Hockey dont have the chance to speak football a lot here...hehe , im pretty much new to Footbal since a month ago.) im playiing with Racing Club de Lens in french league 2

I have never done a training camp (in the game) so I don't know how it should be handled. What is the situation in a training camp? A lot of consecutive matches or?...

Yes, organazing friendlies is a good way to keep players match fit and fit in general. I rotate my back up players in the U21 squad, the greek league allows 3 older players in those games. There are no reserve squad fixtures in Greece, so it all depends on where you are playing. But yes, your method is perfectly good.

I am still trying to figure out how (and if) the resting days lessen injuries in the game, so I have no answer for that. Yes, I would go easier on players who play a lot during the training camp. Players who don't play much may keep their normal schedules. How much is "a lot"? Check how their condition moves and decide according to that. If they keep being in good condition, it means they can have their normal training (so it depends on how often you play each player).

OK, I figured it out.

Graduating training schedule workload does not work, because the game "reads" your schedules once per week (every Sunday, in my game). The only way to reduce your schedule during the week, is to use "Rest days" (for example, when your player becomes unfit because he played a match).

Archived