Si bring back crazy arrows!

I would like to see them put back in as i can't tell my wingers to cut inside etc anymore, which has meant that i have had to develop a new tactic :( The new tactic works really well though :)

That is where the confusion the lies, that arrow never meant 'cut inside'. It actually meant the position where the player moves in possesion, the origninal position is where they went without the ball. It essentially meant players were often robotically moving into a position and the player did not consider the ball position and other player position.

Ok, fair enough. But if that can be sorted out, then i would like to see them re-introduced into future FM's

Urm, don't want to state the obvious but arrows are in FM09 are do exactly what you thought they did before.

The only thing lacking is horizontal movement which has been discussed to death and I imagine will improve in FM10.

the arrows were fun, but they wont come back.

i do think there needs to be a way to tell players to cut inside, eg i find i can never get the most out of players like messi, as an average right footed quick winger outperforms him every time.

also maybe you should be able to tell certain players they have license to roam within a specific area, which you set, seeing as though creative freedom high is a bit vague

I don't think we need the arrows back, but we need some more instructions.

For example:

-Stay in Position

-Cut Inside

-Move Out Wide

That would be all we need to replace the arrows

I agree, arrows have no place in the game and offered to realistic benefits, just artificial and unrealistic ones.

The options above would be useful.

all that would need to be implemented would be 2 sliders, then you could get rid of the arrows all together.

Stay out wide [__________I_________]cut in

sit in the hole [___________I_________]Push forward (kinda already there in defensive/attacking)

this way you can state how often you want them to do these things like a dm playing mc sit in about 90% and vies versa for an amc.

Plus, in a real football tactic you do have arrows like that

Name one team where a manager gives out to a player the instruction "When we have the ball, always run to that place, regardless of what's happening around you. Even if the ball is right next to you, ignore it. run there. 100% of the time. Then stay there and don't move", which is what those arrows did.

all that would need to be implemented would be 2 sliders, then you could get rid of the arrows all together.

Stay out wide [__________I_________]cut in

sit in the hole [___________I_________]Push forward (kinda already there in defensive/attacking)

this way you can state how often you want them to do these things like a dm playing mc sit in about 90% and vies versa for an amc.

Position-specific sliders like that would be a great addition.

Judging by the feedback so far to 9.3.0's match engine, I think it's pretty unlikely they'd be coming back.

Really? Is 9.3 that much of an improvement on 9.2? I hope so because 9.2 looked decent on first viewing but after watching it for a while it just wasn't any good. Certain patterns just repeated endlessly - not at all like actual football.

I hope 9.3 is better, I haven't actually played it that much yet cos Steam automatically downloaded it and ballsed up my game. Results just started to plummet. Thanks. I then tried all manner of things to get 9.2 back so that I could at least enjoy a bit of success after months of frustration but...no, have had to completely uninstall, despite that Steam went and automatically put 9.3 back in - even though I changed it to not auto update. Brilliant thinking SI. So, now I've had to uninstall Steam.

My Saturday of FM09 has turned into a nightmare. Thanks again. Why does 9.03 have to hijack ALL your save games, why can't you choose to apply it or not? Well thought through. Congratulations.

Archived