Players improving as you go up leagues.

jkae

Is it possible for players to out do there potenial?

Im currently burton albion, and im my first season i had shaun harrad score 39 league goals and his finishing went up to 13 from 11. I though that was brilliant as it meant i didn't need to buy another striker for league 2. However ive just won league two and he scored 32 league goals, and his finish has gone up again this time to 14. I have 7 awesome coaches and ive made a training schedule and that seems to be working. I was just wondering if some players improve to suit the league your playing in. I Hav'nt really seen this before as he's not a youngster, hes in his mid-twenties.

in real life jimmy bullard did it with wigan, going up the divisions.

Al players have a pre-set ca/pa, but players should naturally increase if they are working their way up the leagues, and getting regular games.

That is something i wish SI should consider, i think players should have a fixed potential but it should be able to change as well based on performances and etc.

Up the BREWERS!!!!

Clough or not they're on their way to the top!

In terms of this topic though, PA shouldn't be able to change. Yes you're attached to your players, we all love Harrad, but that doesn't mean he'll keep improving.

Yes, players like Bullard and Green have pulled off going up the leagues, but that's because they probably could have from the start, not being being promoted meant that they could do it. Not all the players from their sides have stayed the whole way through now have they?

Some player peak late in their career. Look at Cahill, he was at Millwall in his mid twenties, now he's one of the best players in the Premiership.

ive got a lad who i signed 5 seasons ago in defence on a free whn i was in the BSP there was a time then when he was doing my head in with mistakes i fined him and everything bu ti couldnt find a replacement so i had to stick with him, then he started playing better, now im in the championship and he is one of my most reliable defenders so he has definately improved going up the leagues.

That is something i wish SI should consider, i think players should have a fixed potential but it should be able to change as well based on performances and etc.

That wouldn't work. A player either has potential or doesn't, regardless of how well or how badly he performs.

Archived