Patch 3.0 help please

My whole game has been destroyed by the patch 3.0.

Originally I didnt want to download it but was automatically updated by steam.

I wanted to play a new game with the 2.0 patch but it was all different to the previous version.(set stats for certain staff opposed to random etc etc) I uninstalled my FM and then reinstalled. However by doing this through steam I had all the patches automatically put onto my FM.

Then I decided to delete steam from my computer and install FM the other way. I have done this and FM default patch runs fine. I went online to download patch 2.0 (bittorrent) and now I cannot play with this patch.

Please can someone help me!!!

Can I load steam up and again and how can I install FM to be at the default stage and not automatically update??. i.e. only update with the patches I download.

Can someone tell me how to correct the FM currently installed so that I can play with the 2.0 patch?

When I start my FM the msg below comes up before it loads up. Please help as as you can tell I am not technical and just want to manage my team.

---------------------------

Warning

Could not use database location '/c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2009/data/updates/update-920/db/920' - reverting to the default location

OK

Archived