Preference - Threading on or off now?

Herm

Was this aspect fixed?

I am running a dual core... i used to turn it on and got slow processing on the previous 2 patches... scouring around the forum tells me to turn it off.

I am running 29 leagues (full database, load all players from japan but detail level is ONLY in the English Premier League with 3 leagues playable.) and each "continue game" seems to be slower than patch 930...

Core2Duo E6850 @ 3GHz (not over-clocked) with 4 GB RAM and Geforce 8600 GT

Well... threading is suppose to make use of multi-cored systems to.. let the performance run smoother, more efficient.. is that right? So.. given the option under preference, I should turn it on... i am not sure if it helps..

So does it??

• Administrators

Some people complained that is overheated their systems and sometimes made the match engine run jerky. Fixes have been put in place to counteract this, but obviously the only real test for your own system is to try it and see. Thanks.

Some people complained that is overheated their systems and sometimes made the match engine run jerky. Fixes have been put in place to counteract this, but obviously the only real test for your own system is to try it and see. Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification. I think it made my game run a little bit faster... sometimes, when i click "continue game" my screen goes black for a few seconds (maybe too many leagues).

I turned threading on and i don't see the black screen now.

So i think it works ok now.

Thanks, to nbrocky for clarifying!

May i add that turning threading on my Core2Duo makes viewing a match full screen (windowed) seamless.

I had a post long time ago that playing a match with the screen smallest possible speeds up the game play in a match.. no more jerkiness and stuff...

Now, full screen (windowed) with threading on gives the same effect.

Archived