Big problem!!!

After installing 9.3, I decided I wanted to go back to 9.2.

So, I uninstalled the game using the uninstall app. When I reinstalled it, it all went smoothly.

However, when I went to put on the old patches, 9.1.1, and then 9.2. I get this message:

Picture3-1.png

I am running Leopard 10.5.6 and have tried everything I can think of but just cant get it to work. Even if i could get it working on 9.3 again I'd be happy because a the moment I cant even play it

:thdn::mad:

After installing 9.3, I decided I wanted to go back to 9.2.

So, I uninstalled the game using the uninstall app. When I reinstalled it, it all went smoothly.

However, when I went to put on the old patches, 9.1.1, and then 9.2. I get this message:

Picture3-1.png

I am running Leopard 10.5.6 and have tried everything I can think of but just cant get it to work. Even if i could get it working on 9.3 again I'd be happy because a the moment I cant even play it

:thdn::mad:

Hi

It's a bit of a common thing with Macs that installer programs can be a bit funny and data gets left behind. That appears to be what's happened to you.

If you installed to a normal location then the install would have been here:

HD\Applications\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Simply trash the Sports Interactive folder (If you have FM Live then DO NOT do this, just remove the Football Manager 2009 folder)

Next go into:

Username -> Library -> Caches -> Sports Interactive

And trash the Sports interactive (or Football Manager 2009 folder if you have FM Live)

Next in the same Library folder scroll down to "Preferences" and do the same for the Sports Interactive folder as well.

Finally go to:

User -> Documents

If you have saved games you wish to keep then go into: "Football Manager 2009 -> Games" and copy them somewhere safe.

Otherwise do the same as above with the Sports Interactive folder.

Once you've done that your machine is completely clear of FM2009 and you should be able to re-install/patch without any issues.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply.

However, I have done all of that just now and it is still doing the same thing.

I should have just stayed with the new patch and saved all the hassle.

Any more suggestions anyone??

I'm stuck now, that's always worked in here.

I will forward the problem and see if anyone has any answers in house.

Edit: Actually one thing I'd check up, are you selecting the install location manually or letting the patch run automatically? If you're not manually selecting then do so, the patch data if in a regular location should be installed to:

\Applications\sports interactive\football manager 2009

once selected run the patch and see if it updates.

I'm stuck now, that's always worked in here.

I will forward the problem and see if anyone has any answers in house.

Edit: Actually one thing I'd check up, are you selecting the install location manually or letting the patch run automatically? If you're not manually selecting then do so, the patch data if in a regular location should be installed to:

\Applications\sports interactive\football manager 2009

once selected run the patch and see if it updates.

When I'm patching it, how can I manually select where I want it to install?

It's so frustrating. I'v tried everything!

Archived