Why can't you contact the FA?

I was just wondering about it, i remember we had that feature in cm01/02, when was it abolished? I think that'd be a very useful addition, sometimes there definetly would be a need to request match postponent. Also, many a times i feel like complaining about the refs :D now when you do it (in the press, rather then officially) you just get into troubles and can't benefit anything from it.

Just a thought.

Ive been wondering that for the past few years lol. I used to always get in trouble for complaining about refs, but the match postponement was a very good feature (not sure if it worked though because i dont remember ever getting one postponed after requesting)

Does games ever get cancelled in fm09 due to bad weather? Never seen it happen yet.

I believe that this feature was put back in this years game. But you are very unlikely to get games postponed for bad weather unless you are playing at lower league level

Yes, i've had a game postponed in the Northern Irish League One, not sure if it was due to bad weather though. First time i've seen it in the past few fm's.

Pretty sure they took it out because it was causing havoc with the end of season fixtures. People were having massive fixture pile ups. Guess they have found a good enough balance to put it back in

I agree we need to have the opportunity to ask for games to be postponed. I also think it would be nice if we could ask the FA to investigate bad tackles that may have put our own players on the injury list for a time. I don't really know how that would be done in the real world but quite often, in the event of a grievous tackle, I see nothing about it after the match. I just end up feeling that it is a case of 'it's happened, now go away', and I'm sure managers would have more of a say in the real world.

Perhaps the way forward is that, rather than have a press conference/media comment pop up when the game feels like it, is to instigate comments/conferences yourself. If I just lost a crucial game to a goal that was suspect I'd say something about it after the match; I'm that sort of person. Many times I don't get a chance and I'm back to thinking like I'm not allowed a say.

Of course it has to be remembered that managers are not allowed to complain about referees. There's that big publicised scheme to be fair to everyone. I do complain when I get the chance. I can live with incurring the wrath of the FA, even if my board never can. It just feels to me that you never get the chance to complain when it's a clear cut refereeing/linesmaning mistake. Only when it's doubtful or, yes to be a cynic, more likley that the FA will back the referee.

I just feel the game needs to allow us to have our say within the bounds of the current FA rules. You don't see managers of the Big 4 back down about decisions, and how many times are they in the right? The real world of football is full of managers slagging off refereeing decisions, and how many times do the FA come down on their backs?

Just something to look at, I agree.

Archived