Updated to 9.3.0 and now FM won't load... any help??

Have done a forum search but cannot find the answer...

I have updated the game with the new patch and now when I try and load up the game it crashes.

This is the Vista msg:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fm.exe

Application Version: 9.3.0.36289

Application Timestamp: 49a49dac

Fault Module Name: StackHash_9cfd

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0335675f

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 9cfd

Additional Information 2: aea2a0d7a408bfb90d70a40b35741536

Additional Information 3: add1

Additional Information 4: e86fd8f76207b04502fc8a8c6058a723

Any ideas??????

Do you have User account control(uac) turned of ?? i had a similar problem to this with the game crashing on start up an causing me a blue screen error but having turned UAC back on its working fine.

UAC can be found in control panell > user accounts

I've had that twice. The first time I solved it by deleting the game and reinstalling it.

The second time, reinstalling didn't cut it. But deleting the cache solved it. Try the cache. If not, try reinstalling. Either way, this will not make you lose your saves, graphics or any other stuff :)

Turning off the UAC may help, but bear in mind, that doing so reduces your security features. You should only turn it off if you know what your doing with computers really (basically, if you're an intermediate user or above, you should be fine to turn it off).

For what it's worth, I think this might be a memory buffer problem - but I can't remember how to fix it I'm afraid.

For some reason I keep having this problem over and over again, so do all this in order. it always solves it. don't skip any step.

1. uninstall the game. afterwards delete any local content that may be left. I THINK that it's not necessary to delete stuff in "My Documents"

2. delete the cache folder

3. run "regedit" by writing "regedit" in the execute bar. In the tree menu in regedit, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and find the Sports Interactive folder. delete the folder. close regedit

4. reinstall the game.

Archived