i hate my assistant manager

i was managing NEC from holland, a club playing in the eredivisie. it isn't a big club, but 20 years later it was. i won the champions league and got some big signings, an expanded stadium and a good income stream. one thing that bothered me was that for every worthless regen ( there were quite a lot), i had to offer or reject a contract. i let the ass. man do this, he should be up to it. however, what he did was changing the contracts of every player. a player that had a wage of 10k a week would be risen to 80k, with a signing fee of 3 million. this happened with about 30 players, nec went bankrupt and i got sacked.

i didnt mean to rant but i just wanted to tell this story.

Ah, the perils of letting your Ass Man do the important stuff, like contracts. I won't suggest the obvious about doing contracts yourself, but if you find you dislike him, then what better way to show your displeasure then by sacking him? You could always did out a new Ass Man from somewhere? What about a former player who's sinced retired? I like to bring former players back to my coaching staff as a kind of sentiment thing.

When I send my assistant to do press conferences, why does he always answer the question about who we will use to counter an opposition player by actually naming someone? How does he know what I have in mind? Also, you can't set a player to specifically counter an opposition player anyway.

i know i should be handling the contracts myself, but my expection was that my assistant was a bit wiser than give a 18 year old rubbish youngster a 60k contract a week. even he should know that something like that isnt the wisest thing to do. ah well, i learnt from my fault.

You can set a certain player to man mark a specific opposition player.

Quite. It's the only way to deal with Torres and Owen early on in the premiership otherwise they always storm my defence.

The Ass Man isn't too bad on mine except I now only attend important press conferences such as finals and the like and all the press seem to hate me. I want to know what my assistant is doing to turn them all against me/him.

Archived