Blank Screen, Not Responding

Hello, i downloaded the patch last night and began a new network game with a couple of mates. One of them says that i could download a new skin, so i do that and follow the instuctions to install the skin (dark horizon), tick and untick correct boxes and games says loading up new data, or something like that.

Anyway it did not respond for about 10 minutes so i reboot my pc and try and load up FM09 (through steam) and it shows me the usual pages - lets kick racism out of football etc and the leagues involved page but then goes blank. No page where i can choose New Game- Load Last Game- Load Game- Network and at the bottom right for preferences etc. I decide best thing to do is uninstall and re-install, done that today and steam downloads 9.3 for me and i enter product key again. The game starts to load but again does not give me options page for new game etc. I even decided to leave it on there for a while to see if it changes/loads up/miracle happens, i even went and watched Corination Street with the wife! i come back and still this blank screen, what have i done wrong? How can i fix it? Have i broke it? i cant stand to have to watch Corrie again and FM09 is my excuse for getting out if it!

Archived