Is 9.3 easier?

Me and someone else I talk to who plays FM both think 9.3 is easier.. has the difficulty been toned down? I'm currently trailing the majority of serie A with a small AC Milan side, only 2 points behind Inter.. my buddy said he won about 10 games in a row with Barca

Granted, these are 2 top teams and i'm only up to about January, but I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same as this?

What do you mean easier to control? I think its more realistic yeah, so now my players do things I want them to, but the last m.e. was easy to control despite it looking nothing like a football match - you just had to know how to play in that style.. if you get what i mean

I'm 20 games into a season with AC Milan and top of the league now, unbeaten - 15 wins and 5 draws

The only games i've lost are 2 UEFA Cup ties where i fielded weaker sides and against Inter in coppa italia

So have i created a killer tactic or has this patch made the game too eays?

It IS easier I think, but a lot more fun; I don't want to take over a side and struggle, it's supposed to be a game, and therefore ENJOYABLE. I feel like my tactics are actually working this time round and if I do lose then it's far more just: I don't feel shafted by the AI.

It depends what you mean by struggle. There are plenty in the LLC forum that build their team and use strict guidelines of playing. Sure they are sacked here and there, but I am sure they find joy in elevating a lower team into the higher echelons of football.

I for one don't like winning or drawing each and every match. I don't see the fun in winning everything, it doesn't bring in the realism that I am looking for in a football game.

Im currently playing lower league, team was doing really well both home and away, since i've patched im struggling away from home. There seems to be more goals going in. I had a good tactic playing away that restricted oportunaties, but it does'nt work now, conceding a lot more goals away from home. Come to think of i cant remember a game where both teams didnt score!

I would say harder. I am continuing my old save and before patch i got to top of league 1 with Bromley with 7 games to go. Then post-patch i carried on and ended up finishing 2nd and only just getting promoted despite a relatively easy run in where at one point i was 7 points clear but failed to win in my last 4. Every time i scored the opposition, no matter who got 1 back almost instantly. This was the case in 5 of the final 7 games. Just for the record i won the other 2 games 4-1 and 4-0.

Add to that. THIS IS THE WORST VERSION OF ANY FM GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

1st 3 pre season games

Game 1: 4 injuries

Game 2: 2 red cards

Game 3: 1 injury

Erm well. Seriously, you need to sort something out SI. This is just stupid and not at all realistic. 1st 3 pre season games where all players would be taking it easy and i now have 7 members of my squad out for the beginning of the season. Thank you for bringing out this failure of a patch!

Happens every time there's a patch. This third - and probably final - patch has been tested to death. The only problem with injuries in pre-season is that they seem to happen a bit close together.

My new start has four injuries in pre-season - all less than a month. You need to tweak your training a little at the start of the game. It's nothing, it's realisistic.

I thought it was harder at first but then I tweaked my tactics a little seeing as attacking mids actually run with the ball more when you tell them and started getting results. Wouldn't say it was easy though was leading Seria A with Cesena (made them into a fairly big club) but have been knocke doff the top after losing to Fiorentina and Inter.

Seems more realistic definately a lot less 1 on 1s and better finishing I would say. Takes a while to get use to not have loads of chances

1st 3 pre season games

Erm well. Seriously, you need to sort something out SI. This is just stupid and not at all realistic. 1st 3 pre season games where all players would be taking it easy and i now have 7 members of my squad out for the beginning of the season. Thank you for bringing out this failure of a patch!

So you're basing the whole game on 3 matches....

So you're basing the whole game on 3 matches....

Alot of people are doing this IMO. I got infracted arguing with these idiots who believe because something bad has happened in 2-3 games, this automatically makes the patch a failure. It has massively improved the game.

Erm this 2-3 game thing everyone is talking about. 2-3 games over a lot of peoples games. The majority of people are probably getting 5+ injuries out of their pre season games. Now im no rocket scientist but how many times in football do you see 4 players forced off in the 1st pre season game through injury. I have NEVER seen it.

im the happiest fm fan out here today im just lovin this new patch its put the fun back in the game since november ive had many dark days been angry with pretty much every aspect of the match day player ratings were driving me mad but all is well ive found a nice camera angle that works perfect for me

• Administrators

1st 3 pre season games

I'm sure as it was a pre-season game you had all your players not closing down much, a slow tempo, easy tackling and less forward runs to ease them into the season yes? Don't want unfit players playing as if they were half way through a season - did you take such precautions or did you just use a standard tactic?

I'm sure as it was a pre-season game you had all your players not closing down much, a slow tempo, easy tackling and less forward runs to ease them into the season yes? Don't want unfit players playing as if they were half way through a season - did you take such precautions or did you just use a standard tactic?

Yet with my Man City team the same thing happened, I don't mind all the injuries as I don't like to moan at SI, as they have tried to improve this game, but it does seem like the injury bug is back...

I've got no such problems with injuries. A few knocks here and there but no long term problems. I wonder if it has something to do with how fit players are at the start of a match. I never risk starting anyone under 90% fitness unless I have absolutely no choice.

By the way, the new match engine is great. It's not necessarily easier but it "feels" more logical and therefore easier to use in my opinion.

I think if your a top club it is easier which is right.. I mean top 6 is Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Villa which is more realistic.

The likes of Hull, Stoke and WBA all in relegation.

I mean i've only played 14 games.. 12wins, 2 draws. and thats in all competitions.

But if your a good manager and know how to play the game you always find it quite easy but it never takes the fun off it.

If you were to be a crap team you would probably struggle, but then i don't know for sure as i'm only ever Liverpool lol.

One thing i've noticed and the only problem (well it's not really) I seem to be getting alot of yellow cards in matches, both teams usually.

But then that's not really a problem it's normal these days, ref's book players for little things.

And i'm yet to have any injuries :D

Great work on this patch and it really has made the game much more fun and realistic!

Archived