Driving me mad !

Been trying since about 6:30 yesterday to save the patch onto a memory stick to use on my other comp (i use the other one for fm but it doesnt have internet access). Tried the rapidshare link thats on the sticky at the top of the page, and tried to download a compressed 110mb version. In both cases, for no apparent reason the download freezes after varying amounts of time. I downloaded Opera and ran the download through that, but even when it freezes, clicking on "resume transfer" doesnt get it going again. Stuck for ideas and its getting really frustrating. Anyone know when/if a filefront link will be made available? Cheers

The only computer which has internet access is this one, which basically belongs to my parents, and theyre not gona let me mess about with it. Plus i dont really know how to go about doing that. Even saving the patch as a document on here doesnt work, so that still doesnt change the fact that the download is freezing

Gotta be honest, i dont know ANYTHING about torrents :S Thought those only worked if the comp with FM on has an internet connection? (which i cant do)

No, using the torrent you still get the same file that you get from the direct download, it is just a different method of delivery, if you will.

If you want to give it a go, then you will need a torrent client, such as BitTorrent or utorrent, then once that is installed, you download the torrent and use the torrent client to open the torrent and it will download it for you. I know those instructions are a little sketchy but it is fairly difficult for me to explain it over a forum. BitTorrent's site looks a little vague to me but utorrent's has a guide on how to use it

Got it downloading through the torrent atm but its possibly the slowest download speed ever recorded. Between 3kb/sec and 8kb/sec. Would take like 14 hours at this rate :S

Torrents nearly always start off at that kind of speed. It should increase as you connect to more seeders

Archived