Steam and transfering to Mac

Hi All,

New to the forum.

I just decided to download Football Manager 2009 instead of going out to buy it on cd. I didn't realise that Steam was pc only and I have a Mac. I have used a laptop to install Steam and download the game but would like to know if I can now transfer it to my Mac without requiring Steam or Windows?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi All,

New to the forum.

I just decided to download Football Manager 2009 instead of going out to buy it on cd. I didn't realise that Steam was pc only and I have a Mac. I have used a laptop to install Steam and download the game but would like to know if I can now transfer it to my Mac without requiring Steam or Windows?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Phil

The steam version is PC Only so im afraid your out of luck :(

It will work on your PC but not on your mac

You'd think it would have been made a bit clearer. Nevermind.

I wonder if i'll be able to get a refund.

In fairness the fact that Steam is not available on Mac is common knowledge, and is information provided on the Steam website as well as on these boards. Just like it is your responsibility to check you meet the minimum requirements, you also need to check the method of installation is suitable for ALL your needs.

In fairness the fact that Steam is not available on Mac is common knowledge, and is information provided on the Steam website as well as on these boards. Just like it is your responsibility to check you meet the minimum requirements, you also need to check the method of installation is suitable for ALL your needs.

But nowhere does it say that you need to use Steam everytime you want to play the game "After you've purchased a game, download it immediately and start playing." This line leads you to believe you can download the game and play.

To be honest I only found out about Steam because I was on footballmanager.com looking to buy the game and saw the link to download instead of go to the shops, it was until i'd actually entered payment that I even knew I needed Steam or what it was.

But nowhere does it say that you need to use Steam everytime you want to play the game "After you've purchased a game, download it immediately and start playing." This line leads you to believe you can download the game and play.

To be honest I only found out about Steam because I was on footballmanager.com looking to buy the game and saw the link to download instead of go to the shops, it was until i'd actually entered payment that I even knew I needed Steam or what it was.

You don't have to use Steam everytime to play it. Once it's downloaded via Steam you can create a shortcut on your desktop and launch it from there.

I get an error to do with a .dll file, I didn't really understand it.

Can you get the name of that DLL?

Im sure I have seen a fix for it on here but I cant search for DLL. How have created your shortcut out of intrest?

Try This as well?

I've installed though Steam, do I have to run the game through Steam each time I want to play?

No you don't, you can create a shortcut to Football Manager 2009 without having to use Steam. Go to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\

and right click the fm.exe file and choose "send to desktop (create shortcut)"

Archived