Database size or number of leagues- which is most important for a long term game?

Options are in thread below  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Options are in thread below

• A
    • B
    • C

The one thing I feel I have never got the right balance of throughout my CM/FM career is choosing the right size database and appropiate number of leagues for a long career game. I know many of you are great at doing experiments and I was wondering whether you think either more leauges or database size is most important in terms of amount of quality regens.

Of course, everyones computer specs are different, but putting that aside, in your opinion, which of the follwing three options provides a more realistic long term game:

A.) 'Large' database with 9 european nations.

B.) 'Medium' database with 9 European nations plus Brazil, Argentina, MLS, South Africa

C.) 'Small' database with 13 European nations plus Brazil, Argentina, MLS, South Africa, China, Japan Australian, Eygptian, Algerian, Cameroon.

(I couldn't remember exactly which nations were included in FM09 so apologies if any in option 'c' are not)

Thanks.

i have some questions somewere along the same lines as here, so i won't bother to start a new thread. Is there a big difference in the speed, when you choose a league as backround instead of a managable one? Could it be said that 2 backround leagues iquals 1 active league? Also, how much slower does it make the game when you choose all the players from a country?

i have some questions somewere along the same lines as here, so i won't bother to start a new thread. Is there a big difference in the speed, when you choose a league as backround instead of a managable one? Could it be said that 2 backround leagues iquals 1 active league? Also, how much slower does it make the game when you choose all the players from a country?

I have'nt run background leagues for a few years now but it used to be that it did not seem to affect the overall processing speed, if so very little. What used to happen though was very strange league positions- top teams fighting relegation etc. Maybe someone could shed some light on recent versions?

Archived