Why Do the Board Always Have a Complaint?

If theres one thing that really winds me up in FM its the boards complaints. I'm currently Leeds and top of the championship, coming to the end of the season and looking good for promotion to the prem, I've just had the boards normal thoughts and they are very pleased with my league run, however they are disappointed with a contract I offered to one of my youth players despite the fact he has good stas for a 17 year old and has good potential.

Why do they board insist on complaining about 1 thing every time?

Because so do we on here :D

Seriously, hardly anyone will ever be as happy as he can be. If you have a 30 million fortune, you will compare yourself to the billionaires. If you win consecutive national titles, you will be unhappy about not winning CL. If you have won CL you will winge about that your team should play a more attractive style.

Never ever be happy. Never ever stop developing.

Natural and realistic imho. Though sometimes wrong and annoying, as irl.

This annoys me aswell. I doubt that every month the Man Utd board have a meeting with Alex Ferguson and complain that Zoran Tosic is a really poor signing. Yet it happens all the time, even if you're winning everything.

IMO - the nagative should only be shown for important stuff ie balance or when you're not reaching your goals.

Yer, it is annoying when you get knocked out the cup in the first round and the board won't let it go for the entire season.

I can understand the board want everything as good as possible for their club, but you don't expect them to complain about it, I've already brought in young players for pennies and turned them into worth a lot more, you'd think they'd have faith in my signing of young talent, nope.

Look at Mourinho .. won back to back Premierships but got sacked because he wasnt playing attractive football.

its realistic.

Yes but that wasn't the board complaining on a monthly basis was it, in this game every single board has a monthly complaint, sorry, but it isn't realistic.

How would you know if they wasn't complaining to him all the time?

Not everything gets chucked into the press.

I'm judging by common sense, do you honestly think all the top boards will have these niggly complaints?

And as you say, how would you know if the boards complain monthly or not? So why have SI come to the decision that this does happen and added it to the game?

Yes but that wasn't the board complaining on a monthly basis was it, in this game every single board has a monthly complaint, sorry, but it isn't realistic.

Well, irl there is no such thing as a monthly board feedback either. Irl they will rather complain more often about little things they dislike.

Look at Mourinho .. won back to back Premierships but got sacked because he wasnt playing attractive football.

its realistic.

Yes, that might be realistic. But they're not complaining about our style of play, are they? My most common complaint is about some loan signee or backup player brought in for squad depth that rarely touches the field.

If theres one thing that really winds me up in FM its the boards complaints. I'm currently Leeds and top of the championship, coming to the end of the season and looking good for promotion to the prem, I've just had the boards normal thoughts and they are very pleased with my league run, however they are disappointed with a contract I offered to one of my youth players despite the fact he has good stas for a 17 year old and has good potential.

Why do they board insist on complaining about 1 thing every time?

i get this alot with my Liverpool team. i have just had a report from Tom Hicks saying that he was happy with me but didnt like the fact that i drew 0-0 with Fulham last season. the game in question was a game a fielded all the fringe players towards the end of the season because i had already won the league.

Archived