Suggestion

I was looking in the news paper today and apparently Guus Hiddink has made all the Chelsea players where suits to and from matches. I think this would be a good idea on FM as you could tell the team you wanted them dressing smart and then if someone didnt they could be disciplined accordingly.

My suggestion is having a list in the manager options where you could tick a box next to all the things you as the new manager wanted to implement. For example:

All players must wear suits to and from games

No mobile phones to be used at training or on team coach to matches

Players who are late for training will get an automatic fine

These are just a few of the ideas i could think of. I apologise in advance if there is a similar thread but i couldnt find it.

I imagine this would impact the level of discipline from the manager, it could lead to player moral issues and stuff but it might improve training, with no player distractions.

Not a bad idea, some will argue that it will add nothing to the game.

To me it sounds like a little feature that could make a big difference to your team.

Its a thumbs up from me:thup:

what effect would this have on the game though? seems a bit ott

i think this would determine what sort of manager you were. In my opinion you have a head coach (Martin O'Neile and Stuart Pearce in his City days) and then you have the managers (Rafa Benitez, Arsene Wenger). my point is that when i amanger goes into a new club they like to put their own rules in place and this would be a good way of doing it in FM.

Some may see this as another pointless feature (i.e preferred squad numbers) but i believe that if you had strong personalities in the dressingroom who maybe didnt agree with the rules you were bringing in then this would cause friction like in real life. Or a club captain could come out and say that the new manager was changing things but the squad would give the new regime time before passing judgement.

Horrible, horrible idea.

These type of 'Sim like' things are best left to Fifa Manager and have no place in this game imo.

how is this a 'sim like idea'? this would impact on players relationships towards a manager and improve the detail you could go into.

how is this a 'sim like idea'? this would impact on players relationships towards a manager and improve the detail you could go into.

I just don't see the point, coding the game to have players throw a strop because they have to wear a tie, would be a waste of time.

I just don't see the point, coding the game to have players throw a strop because they have to wear a tie, would be a waste of time.

if you see my original post you would notice that there is more than just wearing a tie in my suggestion. The use of mobile phone is forbidden in some clubs whereas in others its allowed. this would create a different dimention to the manager player relationship.

if you see my original post you would notice that there is more than just wearing a tie in my suggestion. The use of mobile phone is forbidden in some clubs whereas in others its allowed. this would create a different dimention to the manager player relationship.

Sorry, but I disagree.

Although I would love to see the status of a player who has been told not use their mobile, "unhappy with manager not letting him text his mates".

Sorry, but I disagree.

Although I would love to see the status of a player who has been told not use their mobile, "unhappy with manager not letting him text his mates".

if thats your opinion then fair enough. it was merely a suggestion and i wondered what the FM world would think. you obviously dont like the idea, point taken!

I was only joking, not being arsey.

TBF it is hard to tell the difference with you sometimes :p

FWIW, I don't like the idea. All seems a little FIFA Manager to me. Whilst it may impact on the relationships between manager and players, I really don't want to see players angry with me because I won't let them phone their missus to say they will be late home or they don't like the colour of the shoes I am making them wear. I would much rather other areas of player interaction were expanded on rather than having extra superfluous features added

All players must wear suits to and from games

The thing is where would it end? There were rumours that Capello would make all the England players come down for dinner at the same time and use their correct first names rather than nicknames. So at what point do these things simply become pointless and add nothing to the game?

No mobile phones to be used at training or on team coach to matches

Again, where does it end? I'm sure there are many things that players are not allowed to take to training. Do we have a checkbox for them all?

Players who are late for training will get an automatic fine

This does not happen in real life. A player may have a genuine reason for being late so an automatic fine would be silly.

The thing is where would it end? There were rumours that Capello would make all the England players come down for dinner at the same time and use their correct first names rather than nicknames. So at what point do these things simply become pointless and add nothing to the game?

Again, where does it end? I'm sure there are many things that players are not allowed to take to training. Do we have a checkbox for them all?

This does not happen in real life. A player may have a genuine reason for being late so an automatic fine would be silly.

Unless you are Roy Keane of course:D

I remember when Ramos tried to make the spurs team cut down on junk food and change their diet

If you want ridiculous things like this go and by FIFA Manager and build your girls boarding school!

most of the people on these forums are constructive when writing critisms. as you can see above people dont like the idea but still manage to remain constructive.

You are a brainless moron!

most of the people on these forums are constructive when writing critisms. as you can see above people dont like the idea but still manage to remain constructive.

You are a brainless moron![/QUOTE]

Dont stoop to his level, thats abuse and you could get infracted for that, keep the forums pleasant.

Sorry, it was meant more tongue in cheek and a reference to how silly I believe that Fifa Manager game has become, as it actually has that feature in the game, rather than having a dig at a poster. Obviously I should have worded it better, but no offence was meant.

Sorry, it was meant more tongue in cheek and a reference to how silly I believe that Fifa Manager game has become, as it actually has that feature in the game, rather than having a dig at a poster. Obviously I should have worded it better, but no offence was meant.

In that case non-taken. Good on you for explaining yourself, and I apologise if I was a little harsh with my reply to you.

Now big hugs all round.

if this is the case then i apologise for calling you a brainless moron. i hope that this did not cause too much offence.

Archived