9.3.0 and AMC

And my fullbacks now choses to tackle opposition wingers!! Wohooo

so now the fullbacks dont shepherd the winger to the corner flag at which point when the winger gets to the corner flag, the fullback will give up, giving the winger free reign for a cross or to cut in?

woo!

so now the fullbacks dont shepherd the winger to the corner flag at which point when the winger gets to the corner flag, the fullback will give up, giving the winger free reign for a cross or to cut in?

woo!

Well, from my games last night, the fullbacks either went for the tackle (high closing down/hard tackling), or tried to keep the winger from going past on the outside by forcing them inward/backward(low closing down/easy tackling).

Along with the improved dm positioning, this lead to opposition winger being forced into my gung-ho triggerhappy beast of a dm, looking highly unhappy about it.

Well, in one match one winger ran riot against my defense, but he was championship quality, and my fullback who was up against him was decent league two material at best.

So atleast it takes a bit of quality to get to the cornerflag for wingers now :)

Sorry for the double post, but it also seemed as key passes have been toned down, which was nice, since the mcs dont seem as dependent one them to score a decent rating now :)

My mca managed a total of 0 key passes one match, which would have led to a 5.5 pre patch, but now led to a 7.6, due to him having a great defensive match, coming up with 9/9 tackles, and a key header or two. :D

There is another thread on this page by bcm where it has been said that you can still get a big improvement in your AMC rating just by moving him to a wide position even after this patch. His rating seems to get better straight away. So it looks as though there still may be something wrong somewhere.

There is another thread on this page by bcm where it has been said that you can still get a big improvement in your AMC rating just by moving him to a wide position even after this patch. His rating seems to get better straight away. So it looks as though there still may be something wrong somewhere.

I think this has to do with positional requirements for a winger, if you take an amc who has made a lot of passes and tackles, and generally has been involved alot in the play, he has probably had a decent game.

If you put him out wide, the game seems to recalculate his ratings to the standards of a winger, who normally isn't as involved as an amc, thus his ratings gets a, lets say 0.3-0.5 boost, as it is calculated as if the amc had played the entire match as a amr/aml.

In other words, it doesn't seem to recognize that the amc played 80 minutes as amc and 10 as amr, instead he gets the ratings of playing the complete 90 minutes as amr, (and the oppsite happens if you put a winger into the amc position for the last 10 minutes)

A small bug possibly, i agree, but it is no way hard to make the amc perform now.

Did any of that make any sense?

I think this has to do with positional requirements for a winger, if you take an amc who has made a lot of passes and tackles, and generally has been involved alot in the play, he has probably had a decent game.

If you put him out wide, the game seems to recalculate his ratings to the standards of a winger, who normally isn't as involved as an amc, thus his ratings gets a, lets say 0.3-0.5 boost, as it is calculated as if the amc had played the entire match as a amr/aml.

In other words, it doesn't seem to recognize that the amc played 80 minutes as amc and 10 as amr, instead he gets the ratings of playing the complete 90 minutes as amr

A small bug possibly, i agree, but it is no way hard to make the amc perform now.

Did any of that make any sense?

Yes, that might make sense very well. I wonder if you switch the AMC to DMC if it still happens there too, because it used to? If it still does, you'd think there's still something not quite right, because your DMC would be as involved as your AMC I imagine. Will be worth trying it.

Yes, that might make sense very well. I wonder if you switch the AMC to DMC if it still happens there too, because it used to? If it still does, you'd think there's still something not quite right, because your DMC would be as involved as your AMC I imagine. Will be worth trying it.

I'll give it a shot when i get home from work, but i know for sure that it isn't as bad as pre patch, where if you put your MCA into a MR position, he could go from 5.4 to 7.1, and vice versa :) (and that sucked for the poor MR being put in the middle for the last 5 minutes of a game)

I'll give it a shot when i get home from work, but i know for sure that it isn't as bad as pre patch, where if you put your MCA into a MR position, he could go from 5.4 to 7.1, and vice versa :) (and that sucked for the poor MR being put in the middle for the last 5 minutes of a game)

couldnt you have a MR and a AMR for the last 5 minutes to get around this? :)

couldnt you have a MR and a AMR for the last 5 minutes to get around this? :)

Yeah, that was usually the workaround, but when you're one goal up in an important match, you need the tactical consistency, or atleast I did.:rolleyes: Moving both mcs into dmcs and turning off forward runs usually did the trick to, without sacrifising to much tactically

Archived