Starting Unemployed - That old chestnut

Have S.I. built a contingency into this function to ensure you dont just sit staring at a rolling database for five hours before you get the chance to play the game?

Mine's been running for 2 hrs now and I can't even get a job at a part time club ..

If setting 'Sunday League' and 'Start Unemployed' results in you being, well, unemployable might it not be wise to build in some form of conditional check to ensure you can at least get that first job?

This seems especially pertinent as hardly anyone seems to get sacked in Football Manager 2009!

Have S.I. built a contingency into this function to ensure you dont just sit staring at a rolling database for five hours before you get the chance to play the game?

Mine's been running for 2 hrs now and I can't even get a job at a part time club ..

If setting 'Sunday League' and 'Start Unemployed' results in you being, well, unemployable might it not be wise to build in some form of conditional check to ensure you can at least get that first job?

This seems especially pertinent as hardly anyone seems to get sacked in Football Manager 2009!

lol, yeah i holidayed for a full season in FM08 before being offered a job, from which i got sacked!!

I'm not having any problems at all with this...in fact, I've loaded up a game where I started unemployed with automatic reputation (all English and Scottish leagues loaded) at 28/12/11 (went on holiday up to that date, retired the dummy manager then created a new manager). I went on holiday, choosing my settings to "Apply for managerial positions at: Any Clubs", "Return from holiday when offered a job" and "Go on holiday indefinitely". Run the game the first time, it stopped in March to offer me the job at BSP relegation-bound Stafford Rangers. Re-loaded the game and ran it a second time, it stopped in February to offer me the job at Merthyr Tydfil in the BSS. And to prove it wasn't a fluke or related to the fact that my game had been running for 3.5 seasons already, I've even gone and started a brand new game with all the exact same settings, but starting in July 2008 rather than December 2011, and was offered a job at Dorchester within a day. Retired that manager and created a new one, exactly the same but with Sunday League experience rather than Automatic. Two days go by and I'm offered the Dorchester job again.

If it ain't working for you, I'd think there's something wrong with your holiday setup, not the game itself.

I started unemployed with Sunday rep. Went on Hols applying for all jobs with return from hols when offered ticked.

Got the Dorchester Town Job after 4 days.

I have done other games though where not even BSS/BSN teams offer and this tends to be when I have lots of leagues selected.

I think the game is more likely to only offer you jobs in the lowest rep league thats selected when you're rep is Sunday.

I chose Automatic Rep, but Sunday Footballer would probably wouldn't have stopped me getting the job at Dorchester Town. If you load up the BSN/S level in England you will have trouble getting either the Dorchester Town or Bognor Regis jobs that are vacant at the start of the game.

I did the same with FM 2009 using the new patch, loaded english, (BSP and up) scottish (div 3), and other european leagues and put reputation to automatic, one season in and i wasnt offered anything and also not one conference manager was sacked through the season (only the 4 relegated clubs sacked their managers at the end of the season)

Surely this is a bug as you'd thnk at least 2-3 managers would get the chop in the BSP, as in the rest of the leagues there was the usual managerial merry go round. Is v9.3.0 buggered?

Cheers

Guest TheFego

If you're starting as a Sunday League footballer, you'll need to choose the lowest league levels to get a job...I got Dorchester - who are Blue Square Premier - as Sunday League, within a day or two of going on holiday.

Archived