Signing old players

I started as manager of QPR and signed Lee Cook and Peter Crouch, and both have been utterly fantastic for the side. The Peter Crouch one I probably would've went for anyway because I had very good wingers and needed a reliable player who was powerful and could win balls in the air, but Lee Cook has been one of those players that's not of the standard of the rest of the team but plays to an incredible standard in every single match.

Has anybody else noticed signing 'icons' to be very profitable?

I always shortlist players I have purchased and then sold, means I can bring them back to see out their career at the club.

Never signed a legend or favourred personnel, but in one of my FC Bayern saves I brought back Salihamidzic (sp), Hargreaves and Pizarro. The fans weren't particularly pleased about Pizarro, but over the moon about Saliham???, even though he was in his 30's.

I started as manager of QPR and signed Lee Cook and Peter Crouch, and both have been utterly fantastic for the side. The Peter Crouch one I probably would've went for anyway because I had very good wingers and needed a reliable player who was powerful and could win balls in the air, but Lee Cook has been one of those players that's not of the standard of the rest of the team but plays to an incredible standard in every single match.

Has anybody else noticed signing 'icons' to be very profitable?

Yeah u got a point. In my leeds save i signed fiore and appiah on a free, fiore was outstanding. He retired in 2010 though, wasnt that old as well.

Archived