I love the new match engine

You should be posting stuff like this in here, rather than opening up a brand new thread for every little thing you want to say. :thup:

So in other words "lets have hundreds of negative threads per month and just condense all the positive posts into one thread."

:p

I'm glad you like it, david. I haven't used the patch yet so I haven't discovered the joys of the new match engine yet. :)

I, too, am liking this ME. And not because I'm winning all of a sudden, either. The extensive work SI did with the DMCs and defenders in general is really showing through. Keepers are less super, and 1v1 chances are way down.

I, for one, want this ME frozen for FM10. Let all the ancillary aspects be sorted, they've got this nailed.

I am currently playing with AC Milan with myt dream tactic, 4321, i have my 2 fullbacks coming very far forward and wide which is exactly what I wanted, i have 1 CM sitting back with the 2 centre backs just in front, exactly what i wanted .. and i have the rest of my players moving freely around and passing and dribbling.. when i'm defending I i have my 3 MC's running back and making up a 7 man defence almost.. just what i wanted :D

none of this was possible the way I wanted on 9.2.0 and so I love this match engine for it :)

You should be posting stuff like this in here, rather than opening up a brand new thread for every little thing you want to say. :thup:

Given the amount of work that the Beta testers put into reporting on this ME and the number of changes Paul made, I think that not only should we allow this thread to stay open, but we should highlight it as well!! It will be a great gift for them when they wake up.

A couple of words of thanks and praise mean the world. Let's not hide them away.

Didn't see this thread when I posted to the feedback one, but just to repeat somewhere where those who worked on it are more likely to see:

This will probably get lost in the deluge but...

thank you. Just ran 5 games with 9.3. The match engine is a thing of beauty. The tweaking since 9.2 has really paid dividends. So many irritating little quirks fixed. So very much appreciated. This was the game I was hoping for.

Chuffed to bits with how things are now working.

Played about another 5 games since last post, I actually ran all of the 2nd half of AC Milan vs Fiorentina in full and it was brilliant, the match engine is spot on... i'm really made up now, i feel my money was worth it for this :)

complements must be payed out to all involved in producing this match engine..... I have only played 12 games but already you can see vast improvements, it really is a joy to watch, this match engine is so far advanced than anything else on the market and to be honest it’s a privilege to play it.

Also have the graphics been tweaked a little...... maybe it’s just me getting carried away.... once again well done everyone involved and thanks for the most realistic match engine ever....

Given the amount of work that the Beta testers put into reporting on this ME and the number of changes Paul made, I think that not only should we allow this thread to stay open, but we should highlight it as well!! It will be a great gift for them when they wake up.

A couple of words of thanks and praise mean the world. Let's not hide them away.

Thanks so us testers did ok yeah:thup:

for once:D

Yeah, I agree that the actual play in matches has been greatly improved. Specially after a weird bug with passing was corrected, in which players would hit the ball too hard in short passes rendering it almost impossible to mantain possesion. This was causing the short-passing style tactics to work very badly because you would lose the ball in dangerous places too often.

But ever since that was fixed, you can have great football played in 3D by your team... which I personally love to see :)

I agree there are many improvements however I think they have toned down the speed of players on the ball too much. For example, if you watch a player charging down the wing chasing a through ball notice how as soon as he takes a touch his speed instantly drops by a huge amount whereas in reality a player would be more concerned with maintaining his momentum.

Archived