Disheartened that Press Conferences still suck

I thought SI would add some new questions n answers in as I think everyone including they admit that Press Conferences are possibly the most abysmal feature ever implemented in the history of this fine gaming series... Please don't just let this rot like you did with Team Talks :(

Like all new features in FM/CM, it takes a few versions to get right.

There were a lot of things that had to be fixed for the 9.3 patch, and they did a good job to deal with those.

I expect that FM10 will be a substantial improvement in this area, as they focus more on improving what's already in the game than adding features.

Well I'm not expecting much after they just left team talks.. when it first came in I thought - great idea.. but much room for improvement.. unfortuantely they just left it as it was

That said, I'm loving the match engine updates.. it actually feels like i'm watching a real game of football now.. or at least close enough for FM anyway.. 9.2 was the worst engine ive ever seen, tghis is potentially the best since 7.2 :)

Unfortunately due to the time restraints in making a patch, it is not really possible to add masses of new text to help bulk out the press conferences.

Bear in mind that any new text, or questions would have to be individually coded into the game to occur in certain situations, the player and team reactions would also needed to be coded individually. Then there is the time it takes for translations and the fact that all of that would then have to be extensively tested.

Improving press conferences is something we definitely aspire to do, but to do so in the patch isn't really viable due to the heavy workload and its time-consuming nature. Patches generally are there to fix identifyable bugs and issues as opposed to improving/expanding features.

Archived