number of goals increased a lot?

I played 4 games only so far, but I can't stop conceeding goals. I score a lot too, but I don't like to have the feeling that no matter what I do the opposition always scores at least a goal. Before patch I was conceeding 0.7 goals per game, now with the same defenders and same tactic I'm conceeding 1.5 per game, so the number of goals I conceed doubled!

I checked other teams too and I see that all teams score more now. Lot of 3-1's, 3-2's 2-2's and 2-1's. Not many 1-1's and 1-0's. Out of more than 100 game I checked I've seen only 2 0-0's.

Are sure, because I've had 46 1-0 wins in 226 games in charge of Lyon? ;):D

Yes, I just counted it up, I am that sad. :(

You played 226 games with 9.3???

I think you misunderstood me. I've had many 1-0's in 9.2, but none with 9.3 so far. And again, it's not just me, i also check scores of AI vs AI matches.

Actually, goals have come down slightly in 9.3. Must just be a coincidence.

I hope so, mate. Doesn't look like the case for me. 100 games played by different teams is enough sample in my opinion, and like I said most of the games end with 3-6 goals. So far I haven't seen anything less than 2-1 usually.

Seems fine to me but maybe too little 0-0's, but nothing to be annoyed about

Well, actually it is annoying when you are seeking realism.

I just can't understand why they can't have it right. After 3 months of working on the patch, I would expect them to compare the results with real life statistics.

Here, it took me only 10 minutes to get this statistics. Below you can see the REAL LIFE distribution of the scores in premier league in the last 2-3 months:

In the last 111 games played:

0-0: 16 times

1-0: 22 times

1-1: 12 times

2-0: 12 times

2-1: 13 times

3-0: 11 times

2-2: 9 times

3-1: 5 times

4-0: 1 times

3-2: 4 times

4-1: 2 times

5-0: 1 times

4-2: 1 times

5-1: 2 times

As you can see, 38 out of 111 games (roughly 30%) ended either 0-0 or 1-0.

Now the results in FM2009 premiere and championship combined after 3rd patch:

In the last 96 games played:

0-0: 7 times

1-0: 14 times

1-1: 11 times

2-0: 14 times

2-1: 19 times

3-0: 7 times

2-2: 0 times

3-1: 13 times

4-0: 2 times

3-2: 5 times

4-1: 1 times

5-0: 0 times

4-2: 0 times

5-1: 1 times

4-4: 2 times

As you can see, only 21 out of 96 games (roughly 22%) ended either 0-0 or 1-0.

Now, if we look at the goals per game:

real life: 255 goals in 111 games = 2.30 per game

FM : 254 goals in 96 games = 2.64 per game

That's not a small difference. I hope it is just coincidence, and the more I play, it will get better.

That's not a small difference. I hope it is just coincidence, and the more I play, it will get better.

Yes but you're comparing the stats to THIS season. While the real life average is 2.3 goals per game this season, the average was 3 goals a game last season. This season defenses have been on top, last season it was the other way around. The FM average falls nicely between the two extremes.

Goals have come down in 9.3, thats for sure.

My thoughts are that there are more goals per game so far! Only played about 12 games so far. So its hardly a comprehensive survey, but the average has been about 3.5 a game for me. Previously it was about 2.6 a game.

Given that goals are down roughly 0.2 to 0.4 per game per team this season compared to last, I don't think it is too big an issue.

Archived