Simple question... you'd think.

In "preferences" you come across options like "sugardaddy" and "valid_takeovers_only", ect.

Now, could someone please tell me what these options mean. Is it beneficial to have them included in your career?

Also, if you want them in your career do you untick these options of untick them? This may sound self explanatory but I remember a while back (can't remember which FM it was) that you had to keep it unticked for that particular option to be in your game.. as weird as it sounds.

Thanks.

I believe these are to add little extras to the game, basically what they say. Wether they are beneficial, is up to you. So sugardaddy, will see tycoons active in the game, unticking won't see any. The rest are easily understandable. The "add_my" ones I imagine to be the inclusion of anything you add manually, so if you turn it off, it'll reset to default. My guessing of it.

I bet I'm totally wrong. :D

I believe these are to add little extras to the game, basically what they say. Wether they are beneficial, is up to you. So sugardaddy, will see tycoons active in the game, unticking won't see any. The rest are easily understandable. The "add_my" ones I imagine to be the inclusion of anything you add manually, so if you turn it off, it'll reset to default. My guessing of it.

I bet I'm totally wrong. :D

Ahhhh.. I'll take your word for it, although, if you're wrong I'LL BE BACK!

:p

Yep, they're the edt files. If you go to the location of the database you are using you'll find a folder of edt files.

If you're using your own/a custom database then you'll find it under 'db' in the 'sports interactive' folder in 'my documents'.

If you're using the original database then you'll have to navigate to the same folder ('db') within the FM09 folder of 'program files'. Depending on whether you installed the game via steam or manually you'll find it in a different place. If you installed via steam then it's obviously in the steam folder under 'steam apps'. Without steam then it'll be under 'sports interactive'.

You'll find some descriptions in the files. What you actually do with them is up to, but I've never touched them. You might want to go to the editor's hideaway for more on them. There's sure to be something there.

Yep, they're the edt files. If you go to the location of the database you are using you'll find a folder of edt files.

If you're using your own/a custom database then you'll find it under 'db' in the 'sports interactive' folder in 'my documents'.

If you're using the original database then you'll have to navigate to the same folder ('db') within the FM09 folder of 'program files'. Depending on whether you installed the game via steam or manually you'll find it in a different place. If you installed via steam then it's obviously in the steam folder under 'steam apps'. Without steam then it'll be under 'sports interactive'.

You'll find some descriptions in the files. What you actually do with them is up to, but I've never touched them. You might want to go to the editor's hideaway for more on them. There's sure to be something there.

Thanks for that, mate. Very informative. :)

I doubt very much that I would bugger around with any of those, though... knowing me I would break the game. :p

He's wrong, by the way. The sugardaddy files just gives Man City their 'sugar daddy' since it's not checked in the database. If you uncheck it they won't have one (unless you open the editor and give them one that way.)

The valid takeover files disables certain takeover types that aren't allowed in various countries. If you uncheck it, all takeover types will be valid in every country.

Archived