so i bought mr Beckham today

Yep, i actually managed to buy him, he even let me offer him terms. This was impossible in the previous patches as he would just refuse anything that was offered to him. He was very reasonable with his wage demands too and we got along fine. His wife was trying to be funny, you know like cracking off a few jokes etc so i had to laugh out of politeness really as i wanted to sign her husband. The kids were nice though, they will be great un's when they grow up.

I have signed brooklyn up on a pre contract too.

Charming, they really were.

He's just been released on a free in the fifth season after refusing to sign a new Galaxy contract for over two years - would't join me at Sheff Wed in the prem but I've just moved to Portsmouth who have qualified for Europe so perhaps I might be able to sign him now. He may be 36 or 37 but would be a good player to bring on with 20 minutes to go to put his experienced foot on the ball if i'm defending a lead, or to help "get it in the mixer" if i'm losing.

He's playing brilliantly as well. 4 goals and 4 assists in 6 games, average rating of 7.67

I'm playing him alongside Carrick in a 4-2-3-1, so his lack of pace doesn't cause many problems.

The pictures of him hanging out with Giggs and Scholes before the Inter game made his signing on FM an inevitability, really. Hopefully playing regualr Premiership football will convince Capello to pick him above Jenas for the same spot in the England team!

does he still cut it at a top level then?

Indeed he does. His pace is poor (9 pac, 8 acc) but other than that he is phenomenal. Set pieces obviously are great, but his general play from the centre of the park is great, fantastic range of passing etc.

He's only on 55k a week as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just signed him for the Hammers first season along with Saviola on loan!!! Had to offload a couple of squad players but got there in the end. Cost about 5 mill spread over 24 months and he accepted about 47 grand per week.....

i used the editor to put him into derby countys team, just for a laff of course until i start a serious game at the weekend, he scored 2 goals in 4 games for them so far. i also put rangers n celtic in prem, and put newcastle and sunderland in scottish prem. newcastle lost at home to falkirk :)

Archived