thanks for the patch but.

thanks for the patch but alot of people will agree that its still think its abit of a disgrace to have paid 30 notes for a game brought in 2008, now 2009 on its third patch and just read the fixes and theres loads of bugs which were fixed, which no one picked up on before release, its feb 2009, only a while to go till october and any news of FM10 being released lol, wonder if there will be so many problems next time.

enjoying my time on FM but you dont get a dog and bark yourself, you know what im sayin.

It is what happens to most games now not only this one. Games are released too early and with many major bugs. Difference being that this game needs to be out at a certain time to reflect the coming football season ahead. Think of all the other games that don't need to be rushed that have many major flaws and are practically unplayable because of it, not this one.

thanks for the patch but alot of people will agree that its still think its abit of a disgrace to have paid 30 notes for a game brought in 2008, now 2009 on its third patch and just read the fixes and theres loads of bugs which were fixed, which no one picked up on before release, its feb 2009, only a while to go till october and any news of FM10 being released lol, wonder if there will be so many problems next time.

enjoying my time on FM but you dont get a dog and bark yourself, you know what im sayin.

Sorry, but what a load of nonsense. It's a good half a year till October; as long as it was from last October in fact.

Many, many games require patches. It's not just FM. Pretty much every game I have played has needed a patch. Most games need more than 1 patch.

What's the 'dog and barking' metaphor got to do with FM? What's it got to do with anything you said?

Don't drink before you post. :eek:

Sorry, but what a load of nonsense. It's a good half a year till October; as long as it was from last October in fact.

Many, many games require patches. It's not just FM. Pretty much every game I have played has needed a patch. Most games need more than 1 patch.

What's the 'dog and barking' metaphor got to do with FM? What's it got to do with anything you said?

'a while to go till october' was a bit of humour but maybe you dont seem to grasp abit of humour

im not talking about any games other than FM or id be on another game forum posting MY oppinion wouldnt i einstein

and the dog and barking, is a figure of speach, another thing you dont seem to understand

as for drinking and posting, im sober, cheers.

'a while to go till october' was a bit of humour but maybe you dont seem to grasp abit of humour

im not talking about any games other than FM or id be on another game forum posting MY oppinion wouldnt i einstein

and the dog and barking, is a figure of speach, another thing you dont seem to understand

as for drinking and posting, im sober, cheers.

Maybe I'm not grasping what you mean because your post has the grammar of a 6 year old.

I know 'dog and barking' is a figure of speech. It is also a metaphor, but the wrong metaphor for what you are talking about. Look up metaphor.

You're welcome to your opinion of FM but at least post it in a manner which enables people to understand what you are saying. Not gobbledygook.

wow, handbags at dawn.

Yeah I'm probably not being overly helpful, but it's one thing to post un-thought out criticisms of FM. It's another to write it poorly. Doesn't really bring anything to the forum in my view.

He has his views and he is entitled to them. Problems is someone's views could be breathtaking and world-changing, but if they put them across in a way that looks like it was scribbled on a wall in a half drunk stupor then who's going to take it seriously?

I've made my point. :D

Wow what an ass!:thdn:

I am personally delighted that I paid '30 notes' for FM2009. The game is absolutely sensational. October is still a long way-away, and I can see myself playing Fm2009 well up to the release of 2010, and beyond.

I dont think its the same personally every year, never have i had an Fm game where i have needed a patch till i can play it properly until this year.

And the people that cant get along with this years game have every right to come to the official forum and give their views on the game surely. Why do people have to be so rude to people who are dissapointed with the game?

• SI Staff

I think the experiment with increasing the beta testing team size for 9.3 seems to have benefitted it, so hopefully we can be a little tighter gameplay wise on release next time around using a similar system.

But with a game as complex as this its almost impossible to cover every single base before it hits mass market :(

Play nice children.

My view on this is that i expect a number of bugs every year from SI, not because i don't think they are doing their jobs properly, but because of the tight schedule they need to keep for their games. SI could postpone release to put in more testing time, of course this would lead to a massive backlash from the customer base and still wouldn't eliminate all of the bugs as it just is not possible to release a perfect piece of software.

People are quite free to be disapointed by the amount of bugs in the releases but i think that a lot of the people (not all) who do complain on these boards either have an unrealistic set of expectations or are unable to do so in a constructive manner. I would not say that this particularly relates to the OP.

How many of said bugs on the list would you have noticed if you hadn't read about them on here?
99.9% of the population wouldn't that's for sure..

I hadn't patched a CM or FM, until I signed up to these forums and then I started noticing all sorts of bugs :rolleyes:

I wouldnt be moaning about the money i spent on fm as thats not the point (cheap aswell compared to an xbox game that will last just over a week). Im dissapointed because this game has been a massive part of my life for the last 12 years roughly and now i find i cant play it or enjoy it the way i always have. Im sure most other people moaning feel the same way.

I think the experiment with increasing the beta testing team size for 9.3 seems to have benefitted it, so hopefully we can be a little tighter gameplay wise on release next time around using a similar system.

But with a game as complex as this its almost impossible to cover every single base before it hits mass market :(

Agreed paul:D

Im dissapointed because this game has been a massive part of my life for the last 12 years roughly and now i find i cant play it or enjoy it the way i always have.

That's my problem as well, but I can't work out if it's because i'm bored of the game in general or I just didn't like 09. :confused: Hopefully i'll find out when I try 9.0.3, tonight.

We know that the final patch is always released around Feburary time, so why not from now on only buy the new versions then. That way you have a whole year to play FM09 and by the time you go to buy FM2010 the 3rd patch will be available. I don't play any other computer games so not sure about other games bugs etc, but I think SI do a great job getting patches out on a consistent basis each year.

That's my problem as well, but I can't work out if it's because i'm bored of the game in general or I just didn't like 09. :confused: Hopefully i'll find out when I try 9.0.3, tonight.

Maybe its because im bored of the game but hopefully not! Hopefuly the patch will make me fall in love with the game again otherwise i cant see what im going to do with myself when my gf is watching all her crap on tv at night:D

boring..thank ya lucky stars there is a patch and get on with it

As Dar2000 mentioned about buying the game later, i buy the game at half price in the January sales knowing if there are any bugs then they will probably be sorted by then. The other advantage is that i can read all the tactic tips and this was especially helpful with this new and improved version.

I do think this an improved version and i felt the game was playing well at the 9.2 patch so i was just waiting for the January transfers really.

How many of said bugs on the list would you have noticed if you hadn't read about them on here?

going to play devil's advocate here (and im only talking about this year in this post, but the same cycle happens every year): how many huge obvious bugs are spotted within a day of a patch being released to the general public that were missed by your so called "testing team" over whatever time they had a build of the new patch..

from top of my head: the bojan bug and the AMC bug are the two standout ones. those sort of things should show up pretty quickly during testing, so how were they missed and more crucually why was all knowledge of the bug seemingly denied (posts just get ignored and no official SI response) and no follow up fix released until now to fix those things.

seriously, i think you need to fire your testing team, release the internal patches that you would have released to them to test, to the public because they're doing a better job of testing bug finding than they are.

going to play devil's advocate here (and im only talking about this year in this post, but the same cycle happens every year): how many huge obvious bugs are spotted within a day of a patch being released to the general public that were missed by your so called "testing team" over whatever time they had a build of the new patch..

from top of my head: the bojan bug and the AMC bug are the two standout ones. those sort of things should show up pretty quickly during testing, so how were they missed and more crucually why was all knowledge of the bug seemingly denied (posts just get ignored and no official SI response) and no follow up fix released until now to fix those things.

seriously, i think you need to fire your testing team, release the internal patches that you would have released to them to test, to the public because they're doing a better job of testing bug finding than they are.

Have you not seen the list of fixes mate for 9.3 alot of those fixes would't of been spotted or fixed if it was't for the testing team

• SI Staff

It's quite easy to sit there and blame the testers but what you don't ever see is the great work they do and the issues that are sorted before the public get to see them. There are obviously a few things that will slip through and that is something we hope to avoid going forward and are (and have) actively trying to improve. I don't see what firing experienced people who will be getting better at their jobs and bringing in new inexperienced people is going to achieve.

Compared to the bug laden aberration that Empire Total War is likely to be, following on from Rome and Medieval II, all of which ar also SEGA, this has really not been any worse than expected.

Dont get paid anything mate done in our free time and people remember we play the same game as you so if things are't fixed propley etc still affects us

Ive never blamed a tester for anything. So you do it for free even with all the abuse you get? :eek:

Have you not seen the list of fixes mate for 9.3 alot of those fixes would't of been spotted or fixed if it was't for the testing team

fair point.

but for bugs that make the game unrealistic (bojan bug) or downright unplayable (spanish B team signings) why arent these things addressed right away instead of waiting for the next patch cycle?

if the testers see the bojan bug (it aint hard, start new game, finish a season, bojan gets released) during their testing of 920, why wasnt it flagged up at that point which from memory, 920 was released mid november so they would have had to had it before that date.

basically im annoyed that (not for the first time), SI have sat there knowing that there was something quite wrong on their current build was broken for a good few months and basically not fixed it until now.

you see time and time again people argue that SI are so good, they respond to our feedback etc so how can they justify the above example?

• SI Staff
Ive never blamed a tester for anything. So you do it for free even with all the abuse you get? :eek:

We have different levels of testing.

Testers based at SI

Testers based at SEGA

Beta testers (volunteers)

It's quite easy to sit there and blame the testers but what you don't ever see is the great work they do and the issues that are sorted before the public get to see them. There are obviously a few things that will slip through and that is something we hope to avoid going forward and are (and have) actively trying to improve. I don't see what firing experienced people who will be getting better at their jobs and bringing in new inexperienced people is going to achieve.

okay bit of an extreme suggestion (firing the testers), but going back to the bojan bug/AMC bug, how were they missed?

edit: and more importantly: how was a fix not released for it, until now? cosmetic stuff can wait for the 930 patch, but bojan/amc bugs deserved a follow up fix sooner..

fair point.

but for bugs that make the game unrealistic (bojan bug) or downright unplayable (spanish B team signings) why arent these things addressed right away instead of waiting for the next patch cycle?

if the testers see the bojan bug (it aint hard, start new game, finish a season, bojan gets released) during their testing of 920, why wasnt it flagged up at that point which from memory, 920 was released mid november so they would have had to had it before that date.

basically im annoyed that (not for the first time), SI have sat there knowing that there was something quite wrong on their current build was broken for a good few months and basically not fixed it until now.

you see time and time again people argue that SI are so good, they respond to our feedback etc so how can they justify the above example?

Agree mate bojan was big issue but thing is well for me was when testing its hard to finish a full season as you take things slow double checking everything and i work so it was hard to finish a season to actually see the bojan bug kick in

• SI Staff
fair point.

Those are things linked to one specific player and the other is one specific league which only happens after a while into the game, which is obviously going to be harder to notice than something that jumps out at you straight away.

Spotting a problem is only the first stage. After that it has to be reproduced, the problem identified and then fixed. That is sometimes not as simple as you may think.

I have never really understood the logic in this at all. Basically, you are saying;

You find it disgraceful that a game you paid £30 has not only been fixed of bugs (many of which would only ever come to light following a mass market release), but has also been updated with new data as the season progresses?

Run it by me again mate- I'm missing what you're unhappy about. :rolleyes:

Alternatively, for FM10- why dont you buy it in March 10 instead of November 09?

To those people who say how can testers miss bugs, sack si's testing team, let us beta test etc:

As others have said its impossible to pick up on every bug and for any number of testers to simulate the huge number of different combinations of leagues that can be loaded in FM to find everything. The longer term bugs as Ter has said can be even harder to pick up on as you have to run a game for 2 or 3 season to pick these up.

If you think there are bugs now and the testers should be sacked then imagine what the game would be like with out SI testing team? Those of us that beta test dont all have the capability to run a long term "soak " game on our machines, we dont have access to machines with different operating systems and different specifications. We dont have an infinite amount of time as we have to go to our real jobs as well :(

You only have to look at the list of ME changes to realise that many things were picked up during the testing process by SI, Sega and Beta testers.

Its an impossible job being a tester, miss things and you get slated and told you should be sacked. Do it all correctly and identify all the bugs you can before the product goes live and rarely do you get much praise for it. No one noticies when you do it well because the software just works. (And thats from profesional experience of software testing)

Spotting a problem is only the first stage. After that it has to be reproduced, the problem identified and then fixed. That is sometimes not as simple as you may think.

that i understand, so where was the official SI statement stating back after the bojan bug had been spotted by the public that "thank you we are now aware of the bojan bug and its now a priority to be fixed and will be looking to getting it fixed in a interim patch to be released asap" rather than the current situation of what the public see as no progress being done on something that has a big impact on games, until handily, the next patch is scheduled..

stuff like the coach changes, that sort of thing can wait till the jan patch, but things that actively affect games should be bumped up in the "to fix" list.

from experience, there seems to be some unwillingness to release patches than the bare minimum needed, probably due to some backward thinking at SI towers that "more patches = you make bad game!"

i remember the sham that was fm8.0.1 (i think it was 8.0.1), a 8.0.1 patch was released some with problems but then a month later a different build 8.0.1 was silently released with more fixes, no fanfare or hoohah and any questions as to why it wasnt called 8.0.2 at the time to make it easier to tell, were just stonewall'd with no response.

in my opinion the pre .2 game was as close to unplayable as any game i've ever owned. i'm more than happy with the game now, enjoying as much/more than any previous version but i don't think fm09 should have been released in its original state.

Wish I had a pound for every one of these stupid repetetive posts!

that i understand, so where was the official SI statement stating back after the bojan bug had been spotted by the public that "thank you we are now aware of the bojan bug and its now a priority to be fixed and will be looking to getting it fixed in a interim patch to be released asap" rather than the current situation of what the public see as no progress being done on something that has a big impact on games, until handily, the next patch is scheduled.

Has the Bojan bug been fixed?

• SI Staff
that i understand, so where was the official SI statement stating back after the bojan bug had been spotted by the public that "thank you we are now aware of the bojan bug and its now a priority to be fixed and will be looking to getting it fixed in a interim patch to be released asap" rather than the current situation of what the public see as no progress being done on something that has a big impact on games, until handily, the next patch is scheduled..

I'm pretty sure one of our testing team will have responded in the bug. If there is a major bug stopping the majority of people from playing the game then an interim patch is something that can be discussed amongst the decision makers. I don't believe the "Bojan bug"

In any case, it's sorted now and we hope to learn from any mistakes made and improve things moving forward and hope everyone enjoys playing the game.

Archived