New game, spot the difference

Well I'm a couple of weeks into a brand new game as United and I've already noticed an improvement in the match engine.

Also noticed that Man City signed Gareth Barry for £26 million, which is the first time I've ever seen that happen.

So people, what new stuff have you noticed happen, that didn't happen on 9.0.2 or 9.0.1?

Hope somebody figure out how to get at least 5 stars coaches again....ASAP

But really like what they have done with the coaches !!

Sexy football tactics is still rocking !!!

All the coaching attributes are now tied together. Entirely more realistic than allowing a single 20 in something to cause a seven-star display. As far as I know the change makes not one bit of difference to the actual coaching, it simply gives a far better visual representation of what's really going on.

I like the way it has the seperate colour for strong and weak attributes in the player search like it does on player screen

1st week into a new file with AC Milan, just signed Kuyt for 10mil :)

Just wasted a lot of money ;)

I've noticed that run with the ball often now means exactley that. On previous patches the only players that would do it when asked were wingers. Now I've got full backs, centre mid's and Fowards all running with the ball often. Its good to see as it's creating a lot space by drawing men towards the ball.

So far so good, a vastley marked improvement on the 2nd patch.

Yeah i have noticed the run with the ball thing not only applying to super fast wingers. Incidentally, i have noticed that fullbacks are actually worth deploying now in the sense that they are actually in the right positions when defending and actually doing something about aforementioned super wingers.

First news on mine as well, Man City sign Barry £29,000,000. Also playing as Arsenal my transfer budget is only £12,000,000 instead of £38,000,000. I tried to sign defender Miguel Torres from R. Madrid who set the fee at £2,000,000, so I offered £2,000,000 and was told no deal, but they accepted an offer of £2,000,000 from Middlesborough and Getafe in Spain, so I offered £5,000,000 Deal or No Deal...NO DEAL, so I offered £10,000,000, Deal or No Deal again NO DEAL. So are teams not selling to other top teams or has the transfers gone t*ts up. Before the new patch I used to be able to do business with most other top european sides but now no can do.

In the first four weeks of my patched game Man City spent a whopping 128 mill £ for players like Gamberini, Hamsik (for 24 mill), Chinedu Obasi (for 13 mill) and four other players. It seems like the game reflects real life very well, when it comes to them spending exagerated amounts on players (De Jong IRL) :D .

THIS IS THE WORST VERSION OF ANY FM GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

1st 3 pre season games

Game 1: 4 injuries

Game 2: 2 red cards

Game 3: 1 injury

Erm well. Seriously, you need to sort something out SI. This is just stupid and not at all realistic. 1st 3 pre season games where all players would be taking it easy and i now have 7 members of my squad out for the beginning of the season. Thank you for bringing out this failure of a patch!

THIS IS THE WORST VERSION OF ANY FM GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED!

1st 3 pre season games

Game 1: 4 injuries

Game 2: 2 red cards

Game 3: 1 injury

Erm well. Seriously, you need to sort something out SI. This is just stupid and not at all realistic. 1st 3 pre season games where all players would be taking it easy and i now have 7 members of my squad out for the beginning of the season. Thank you for bringing out this failure of a patch!

Screenshots?

Screenshots?

Don't know how.

I just can't believe this though. I was looking forward to my first season in the championship and this happens. Although most are back just in time for the first game none of the injured players are match fit and that includes my keeper(who is incidentally my only keeper after a slightly poor bit of management where i failed to realise my old back up retired even though i signed him as a coach after he retired :p )

The biggest difference I'm seeing is the defense, they're actually defending, and since I have them set on man marking, they are actually doing that too very well, sticking to their assignments like glue. Just played Man U at home with Bristol City. Tevez and Rooney were reduced to blasting the ball from 30 yards as both of my center backs were all over them like flies on **** ;) Same with fullbacks, Nani and Ronaldo got maybe 1 or 2 crosses in at most. With Nani it was especially hilarious as he kept trying to beat my fullback with pace and dribbling, but the fullback never over-committed in his challenges, and almost every time he forced Nani outside and even a few times he simply ran off the field because he just had no space, which resulted in goal kicks for me. I'm actually achieving this by employing opposition instructions too.

Sorry not replied earlier Laughing Man. Miguel Torres, I offered £5 mill plus Gallas plus 25% of profit from next sale...no deal, out of frustration I offered £10 mill just to see what R.Madrid would do and they said no again. In the end I offered to loan him for a season, fee of 500,000 and a future purchase fee of £1 mill and they said OK and I got him, so when I buy him it will be for £1.5 mill, so they preferred £1.5 mill instead of £10 mill. I also have to agree with Dirty ACE, my defenders actually defend, tackle and mark. My midfield actually play in midfield, linking the defence with the attack, definitely 10/10. I also think that it has a lot to do with reading and putting into practice TT&F '09...I recommend every FM player should download it, print it and digest it.

Hope somebody figure out how to get at least 5 stars coaches again....ASAP

But really like what they have done with the coaches !!

Sexy football tactics is still rocking !!!

I just signed a goalkeeper coach with a 20 attribute for goalkeepers for my Villa side. He only has 4 stars in my training category! How? Why? Surely it should be 7 stars?

I just signed a goalkeeper coach with a 20 attribute for goalkeepers for my Villa side. He only has 4 stars in my training category! How? Why? Surely it should be 7 stars?

The whole detailed and extensive debate on this seems to have gone completely over your head.

Read this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106420&page=2 and other threads on coaching with the new patch.

Yup you've got me there. I don't think I read any of the coaching threads because I hadn't really looked at my training in 9.3.0 until I signed my new goalkeeping coach. Now that I have, I have been enlightened. Thanks for the point in the right direction. Next time I will search the forums instead of being lazy :p

Archived