Slightly disappointed with the 9.3.0 research

I've already raised queries in the research section, but just felt it was worth a general post in how I'm quite disappointed with how the research has gone with what I've seen so far.

West Brom - who through their own admission have no money, have money - seriously the amount of times Mowbray has bleated on about having no money is rediculous. Then Stoke, a team who were still trying to spend more money in January on deadline day, had money to spend yet have none. I'll admit most of the comparisons I have been drawing are between Stoke & West Brom, because at the end of the day its these 2 teams I probably have the most knowledge of in the premier league.

Olsson & Meite part of the worst premiership centreback pairing are both rated better than Abdoulaye Faye & Shawcross. West Brom's defence has lacked any kind of ability this season, so them being rated better defensively than anyone is an absolute joke.

In other areas, Agbonlahor is still quite underrated, Manucho & James Beattie look by far better players pace aside - and as much as I'd love to believe that its true about Beattie - I don't think it is, and I didn't think I'd be saying this, but FIFA seems to have their research more spot on than SI do at the moment I know theirs is more form based, but this should be based on player form to date so far this season and I know each researcher is responsible for the individual clubs, but surely there needs to be some sort of communication in this.

I know its highly likely my stoke complaints will fall on deaf ears as the stoke researcher isn't around much, but surely someone needs to query why players like Agbonlahor are rated so poorly, PA's can be brought up, but it isn't the case that in 2011 Agbonlahor will be better, he's better now, and its just like Meite may have been better last season in performances than Faye, but he certainly hasn't been this season.

Never thought I'd be saying this either, but even Arsenal have some clearly under-rated players, I know in a couple of years they'll be by far the best anyone has in the league. Walcott starts out terrible and if you had seen him play you'd know he definitely had more ability at passing than a rating of 9.

Archived