this site

i urge you to read this....

Dear all,

Please take note of some of the rules in the Football Manager PC/Mac General Discussion forum (GD for short). Neji has already posted some rules in This Thread, but in light of recent posts, I felt they needed clarifying. As well as the general Forum Rules, I'd just like to remind you of some rules in GD and also bring to your attention some other bits and pieces:

Abuse:

Abuse is not tolerated in GD and myself and Neji have noticed a few occasions where people have been labelling other users idiots, morons, etc, and this has to stop now. If you can't bring yourself to come up with a constructive argument when you disagree with another poster, feel free to ignore them. In fact, you can set users to your ignore list, meaning you won't see any of their posts. Far better than responding with abuse. I will remind you that abuse and extreme abuse carry infraction points which can ultimately lead to a ban from this site.

Swearing:

Again, swearing in GD is not tolerated. Remember, please, that we have younger members in GD and this is also the first port of call for many new visitors, so let's cut out the swearing. For clarification, I consider that ****** still constitutes swearing in a certain context (i.e. almost always), as does Neji. We will judge each incident on a case-by-case basis, but again, swearing can lead to infraction points and, ultimately, a ban.

Spamming:

All the mods have a busy job here, and let's not forget we're unpaid volunteers, with real jobs, helping out on one of the busiest forums for computer games. This site generates thousands and thousands of new posts every day, so we would ask you to cut out the spam. For future reference: "in before the lock", "it's your tactics", "+1 1010101" and their ilk will result in 10 point infractions for spamming. Consider that you've now been warned.

Creating New Threads

Before you create a new thread, search for it first. Try with a couple of different terms, and make use of the advanced search. Chances are your question has been asked and answered before, and we'd rather users got the information that exists rather than cluttering up the forums with duplicated threads.

Pictures/Videos:

On a related note, although we're not all on 56Kbps dialup anymore, let's save on bandwidth and quit with the pointless pictures. Even if that fat guy does look a bit like a thumb, GD is not the place to post it. Similarly, Rick Astley is not amusing, so any links to YouTube or whatever that are pointless will be treated as spam and will be dealt with as such.

Adult content:

Again, this forum is frequented by our younger members and I don't think it's appropriate to read a post about what a user did with his girlfriend while playing FM - particularly if it's lewd. This is a public forum, and such posts will be considered inappropriate and may result in a warning or an infraction.

Player naming:

This won't generally result in infraction points, but please remember that, unless you clearly indicate in the thread title that there will be player naming, you shouldn't mention players' names if you can help it. Obviously if you want to talk about Messi, I think we've all heard of him so feel free, but if you want to talk about a nugget you've uncovered, please visit the Good Player forum for that.

CA & PA:

Please don't post the Current Ability and Potential Ability stats for any players. Thanks.

Infractions:

A warning = 0 points, but serves a reminder on your account as to your behaviour

Most infractions carry 5 or 10 infraction points, but we can add custom infraction points where we deem fit.

30 infraction points = a 1 week ban

60 infraction points = a 2 week ban

90 infraction points = a 1 month ban

and so on.

Mod decisions:

If you disagree with a mod decision, you should email mods [@] sigames.com. You shouldn't create a thread about it in this forum. If you want to complain about one of my decisions, feel free to PM me.

I hope that is all clear. I'll keep this thread unlocked, and pinned, and if anyone has any questions or wants to clarify something they can in this thread. If this thread descends into drivel, arguing, a 'Free <username>' campaign, a GD vs OTF debate or whatever I'll close it and delete the posts.

Cheers,

GM

Archived