[Patch 9.3.0 Inquiry] Have the new Asian Champions League rules been implemented?

Hi I am glad to see that 9.3.0 has come out and glad to read the changelog that the issue of massive slowdown in Jan-March has been fixed.

However, I do not see from the changelog that the new rules in Asian Champions League have been implemented, as I am now at work and will not be back home in another 11 hours, could someone please tell me whether they are there?

I will be very disappointed if they are not, as the new rules affect all leagues in Asia as well as the A-league significantly in terms of qualification, club finance and reputation.

Cheers,

Wolfsong

Well, I've start a new save and I dont see the new asian player rule in China and ACL, also only 7 groups in the ACL, which should be 8 now.

They even failed to fully update the winter transfer, like Hernan Barcos, who are now on loan at Shanghai Shenhua, and Damiano Tommasi, who have joined Tianjin TEDA.

Well, I've start a new save and I dont see the new asian player rule in China and ACL, also only 7 groups in the ACL, which should be 8 now.

They even failed to fully update the winter transfer, like Hernan Barcos, who are now on loan at Shanghai Shenhua, and Damiano Tommasi, who have joined Tianjin TEDA.

That's really bad news... but thanks for letting me know.

I guess we will all have to wait till Fm10...

did anyone experience the same problem i did, when after my first season they completely stopped playing the afc champions league?? In total i played 3 seasons, and not a single game played after the final in 2009... Highly disappointing, because i was looking forward of going to asia, but without a continental cup wouldnt had been worth it...

So anyway, just like to know, was i the only one with this problem, and if it was commonplace has it been fixed now?

did anyone experience the same problem i did, when after my first season they completely stopped playing the afc champions league?? In total i played 3 seasons, and not a single game played after the final in 2009... Highly disappointing, because i was looking forward of going to asia, but without a continental cup wouldnt had been worth it...

So anyway, just like to know, was i the only one with this problem, and if it was commonplace has it been fixed now?

This was a bug with 9.1, I am not too sure whether it is now back in 9.3.

I know it won't happen but why don't SI release a small update to fix this oversight? We all know if it was an European Competition like UEFA Cup or the UCL something would be released but it seems the rest of the footballing world isn't as important. The change to the ACL is huge and will change the way that the Asian leagues are run as the new rules have more prize money and also allow for all Asian clubs to have an extra international player as long as he is from an Asian country.

Would lobbying bring out an update? I would think not. but I will still live in hope for SI to have a kind heart and think outside the European box.

I would just be happy for SI to get the new rules into the game. These new rules have been well publisised since at least 28Oct08 so to me this is more than enough time to get it into any of the first 3 patches.

All the information can be found here http://www.the-afc.com/eng/articles/viewArticle.jsp_168297607.html if SI do care to take Asia seriously

I really hope that the new format of the Asian Champions League in this patch. As the creator of the Asian Challenge in the CSE forum, I was very excited with the new format when it was announced. However, tbh, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't introduced into the game this year. The new format for the Europa League was added in game, along with the CONCACAF Champions League.

I do however respect SI's decision and will forward to the new format in FM2010. :)

I'm also hoping that if SI do expands league in the future, whenever that is, it will be in Asia. :)

Still dont understand why the Iranian league aint in the game when we have 4 representatinos in the AFC champions league and had a team in the club world cup last year

Could possibly be down to marketing and sales figures. I'm guessing that Iran isn't a big market for FM as if they were then the league would clearly be in the game.

Archived