2d engine in FMH: impossible?

I have played fhm 07 for a while on the psp and while it was a nice game I personally do miss some sort of 2d engine as we have been used to for the last couple of years with the pc version.

I have never been a fan of text as it simply gives too less information and has its limits. IMO the 2d engine has greatly boosted the FM series. Likewise, it would be a huge improvement for the handheld versdion but apparently it is impossible to get one in as otherwise it would have been done?

Isn't there any way to make a 2d handheld match engine?

I have played fhm 07 for a while on the psp and while it was a nice game I personally do miss some sort of 2d engine as we have been used to for the last couple of years with the pc version.

I have never been a fan of text as it simply gives too less information and has its limits. IMO the 2d engine has greatly boosted the FM series. Likewise, it would be a huge improvement for the handheld versdion but apparently it is impossible to get one in as otherwise it would have been done?

Isn't there any way to make a 2d handheld match engine?

CM PSP has shown that 2D match engines are possible. But it's the quality that's important. If FMH's 2D engine is going to look a pale shadow of the PC one, then there's no point in having it. We'd only keep slagging it off anyway!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If FMH's 2D engine is going to look a pale shadow of the PC one, then there's no point in having it. We'd only keep slagging it off anyway! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I strongly disagree. I would trade any of the new tweaks to the version of FMH for a 2d pitch. I do realise that it would be poor in comparison to FM on the pc yet I think that as long as you can change the speed of the highlights and its unpredicatable then it will be a true asset and winner to the FMH series. The only true way to greatly advance with an already impressive imo

I just saw some screenshots of the cm version and the pitch looks pretty decent. A proper 2d match engine would greatly enhance these series like it did with the pc version for me. Setting up a tactic and then just read lines, it is beyond me people play that way. When cm didn't have one I was playing USM, great game with a 2d engine.

• SI Staff

My stance is simply that until its possible to do a 2D display on a platform which is realistic we won't undertake one - instead we'll stick to a realistic 2D commentary model.

That being said recently the PSP has had its 'full' processing power unlocked so its something which we can now look into the possibility of again at some point.

That being said also regardless of what happens in the future we will always retain the text commentary view in our games because we're aware a lot of people actually prefer that.

I didn't say it has to go away. I played the game on the PSP and cm 01-02 and you actually get used to the text. I just prefer the option to watch 2d as well. If I set up a tactic it is nice to see how it works out, how players move and are positioned and therefore a 2d engine is better suited than text.

For the PSP version, even more than the pc version, it is important the text stays as it enables people to quikly go through matches. I am full of agreement on that matter.

Archived